Slave reparations (UK C4 program)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST

And they thank us by trying to trick gullible Europeans and Americans via Spam-Mails
    I thought that's how they got the money in the first place
    Blah

Comment

Indeed, we were pussies. We were content with torturing them ragheads We should have also killed them and their families!

Edit: Oh wait we did

I am sure they didn't do the same to you, and were the most honorable of warriors, being the modern fusion between Saladin and Santa Claus.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe

You do understand that a corporation is made up of stockholders who are private citizens?

Instead of taking a small sum of money from one person, you're taking large sums of money from a lot of people.
        serves the stockholders right for buying stock in slave trading companies.

They should research the companies they are buying stock in.

Though I will admit, I doubt their previous status as being involved in the slave trade is listed in the prospectus.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          Oprah Winfery has profitted more from slavery than I ever have or will... how much should she pay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

serves the stockholders right for buying stock in slave trading companies.
            You want to punish people today for something that happened 200 years ago?

As long as we're in the reparations mode here, I am formally demanding compensation from the following:

For the illegal occupation and annexation of Poland: the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Austria, and the Russian Federation for the abuse of my ancestors.

For the illegal occupation and annexation of Scotland: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, again for the abuse of my ancestors.

For the illegal occupation and annexation of Norway: the Kingdom of Sweden and the Kingdom of Denmark.

Prime Minister Blair, Chancellor Schroder, and President Putin are welcome to contact me at any time to inform me how much in compensation I shall be receiving. Thank you.
            -rmsharpe

Comment

Ignore Dissident.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                I am sure they didn't do the same to you, and were the most honorable of warriors, being the modern fusion between Saladin and Santa Claus.
                Except for the terror in Algiers, they were mostly "honorable" in that most of the war happened between armed forces.

As to the battle of Algiers, we managed to be even more barbaric than them
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe
                  That would be technically impossible. But what Castro says, you do, or else.
                  Shows what you know.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                    With that logic, USA is also run by decendents of the slaves. Just ask Condie.
                    The difference being that most of the Cuban government is black, whereas almost none of the American government is Black.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha
                      we stopped buying in 1808.
                      The last slave ship to the U.S. entered in the 1850s, despite the fact that it was illegal. When it came to Black slaves, the law wasn't too well enforced.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmsharpe
                        By what metric do you use to say that Africa would have been better left untouched?
                        By the metric that millions of their people wouldn't have been carted off or slaughtered, that their societies wouldn't have been destroyed, that their modern nations wouldn't have been articfically cobbled together across ethnic boundires in the interests of Europe, that the African people wouldn't have been hearded into the disease ridden parts of Africa, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmsharpe
                          Mansa Musa, the theocratic tyrant? If you want to read up on benevolent leadership,
                          What year are we talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Ignore Dissident.
                            why?

Just because I support black causes. What have you got against black people to be against reparations? Don't they deserve some compensation?

I just don't want them to take it from me . But I have no problem if they take it from rich people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Ignore Dissident.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                their modern nations wouldn't have been articfically cobbled together across ethnic boundires
                                What's wrong with that? They should be celebrating ethnic diversity!
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X