Slave reparations (UK C4 program)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reds4ever
    African aid (like they don't get enough)
    Compared to the rest of the world, no. Compared to what Europe stole from them, hardly.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So you pull me up for not knowing "squat about African history" but it turns out you're just as ignorant!
      I know enough to know you know nothing. I know quite a bit more, but I'd have to go hit the books to make sure my details were correct, or someone would go to wiki and pull a quote and say something like, "well, you had the dates wrong on when the Catholic Kindgom of the Congo had ambassadors in Portugal, so obviosuly you are full of ****."
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Cockney,

Believe it or not Dr Beckworth is a OxBridge educated dredd. Why the hell he needs reparations is beyond me.....

Comment

I think if it can be proven that a specific corporation benefitted from slavery, yes they should pay. Chase Manhatten is one example. I believe they have proven ties to slavery. And then the money could only go to people who can prove their ancestors were slaves.

I'm against taking money from private citizens of course. Only taking it from corporations.

Comment

Believe it or not Dr Beckworth is a OxBridge educated dredd. Why the hell he needs reparations is beyond me.....
            From what you wrote, he wouldn't get a dime from the program he supports. The only money that goes directly in individual hands are education handouts, and he's already educated.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I know enough to know you know nothing. I know quite a bit more, but I'd have to go hit the books to make sure my details were correct, or someone would go to wiki and pull a quote and say something like, "well, you had the dates wrong on when the Catholic Kindgom of the Congo had ambassadors in Portugal, so obviosuly you are full of ****."
              So youre lazy not ignorant?

Comment

Correct. I haven't done research on for an OT thread in years. Ain't worth it. Look up the book, Before the Mayflower. It's an excellent history of pre-American discovery Africa.

Just cuz Europe has forgotten it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

You and Che may want to contribute to these discussions:

Some interesting arguments there, and some info that could fill you in, Reds.

Also, if you wish to participate in the threads, remember that they aren't in the OT, and the people there aren't used to our frank exchange of views
                  Understood

Comment

Cuba could start paying, they had slaves too, didn't they?
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Cuba is now run by the decendents of the slaves.

Comment

They also lost their countries and became slaves themselves when the Europeans arrived. You are terribly ignorant when it comes to Africa, so stop trying to use it to make a point. You'd do better to stick with Britain.
                        So because they're poor, failed thieves they shouldn't have to pay?

You're just a self righteous bleeding heart, arn't you? It's easy to take the high moral ground and call me "ignorant" while you cite an example that a 4 year old could of Googled up as evidence of African civilization that would have rivalled Europe?
                        Last edited by reds4ever; August 15, 2005, 19:38.

Comment

Tha assumes that Africa would have been the pit of dispair it became after having tens of millions, maybe even 100 million people carted away between the 16th and 19th Centuries, whole kingdoms destroyed, societies completely disrupted.
                          11 million people were taken to the Americas. A lot more were taken by the Arabs, but because of certain measures they undertook they won't have to worry about paying decendents anything.

Comment

The whole idea that Africa had all these utopian kingdoms that the white man destroyed is a myth.
                            Havent you seen Coming to America?
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                              11 million people were taken to the Americas. A lot more were taken by the Arabs, but because of certain measures they undertook they won't have to worry about paying decendents anything.
                              The lowest figure I ever saw was 15 million made it to the Americas. Now, if we factor in that only one in three survived the voyage, that's 45 million people taken from Africa. Most of the slaves who made it here were worked to death (the North American colonies were somewhat less lethal), and over a period of three hundred years, that's not an unreasonable sum, works out to about 15,000 a year for all of the Americas.

Comment

So because they're poor, failed thieves they shouldn't have to pay?

Which countries would that be?

You're just a self righteous bleeding heart, arn't you?

Uh, no. You obviously haven't read what I wrote. My mistake for thinking you wanted to learn something instead of making a thread to make fun of the stupid, greedy ******s.

It's easy to take the high moral ground and call me "ignorant"

I'm not taking any high ground. You made an ignorant statement about the history of Africa and I corrected you with, as you pointed out, an easily discoverable fact. The question then becomes, if it was so easy to discover it, what's your excuse for not knowing it?

Comment

Working...
                                X