Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey KH, I can't find that thread
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

4. Seeing more cards change the mathematics on a lot of hands. Seeing a K on the flop is less scary against your QQ if you know that your partners already folded a K2 and K3.

Quite true, and that's the basic level of collusion; improving your information. Altering your play to take advantage of collusion can be much much more powerful, however, as the likelihood of you gaining very valuable information from your partners' very limited additional information (say 4 cards every hand) is not that high
      I agree that 2 hand collusion don't have much more information than you but if it was organized and a guy had say 4 or 5 accounts running ( and if someone planned to cheat, couldn't they do this and have dozens of accounts to avoid patterns), heck you could be sitting down against someone that is seeing 10 cards to your 2. Some hands, even that would not matter if the cards were irrelevent but there will be some hands where it can make a HUGR difference

When theree are players who seem to consistently win chips from me I tend to avoid getting involved in hands with them anyway, focusing my attention on the fishes...
      Great advice but on the internet do you really know that Sammy556 is not the John443 from two days ago. Wouldn't any pro out there want to minimize others knowledge of their play?
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

a) The sites keep an eye out for account switching and collusion. They do seize people's accounts from time to time (they caught a friend of mine colluding and banned him; I don't engage in it at all, so shouldn't have to deal with this side of it, but it's there)

b) It's amazing how quickly you can judge the skill level of opponents. If I can see 3 hands they're involved in I can generally tell you how good they are and their style of play.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Man, I have either gotten much better over the last couple of months or my friends have gotten much worse. I've gone from breaking even when we play to taking home 50-60+$ every time for the last 6 weeks running (up 70$ tonight)
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Everybody else who played tonight lost money except for one other dude.

I took it all.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Quite true, and that's the basic level of collusion; improving your information. Altering your play to take advantage of collusion can be much much more powerful, however, as the likelihood of you gaining very valuable information from your partners' very limited additional information (say 4 cards every hand) is not that high
              That alone seems like a significant advantage. Most of the time it simply means that a flush or straight is somewhat more or less likely, but there are going to be times where all risk of a certain beat are going to be removed, which means that a player who might otherwise be looking for evidence that you have him by the balls can instead concentrate completely on extracting as many of your chips as possible.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

It's like counting cards in BlackJack, though.

Only knowing what 4 extra cards are is not usually going to provide a huge edge, because most of the time those cards are going to be distributed similarly to the deck (i.e. if you know 4 extra cards then usually one of them will be a flush card, and you're basically back where you started with 8/41 instead of 9/45

Knowing only a few extra cards will help, but not a huge amount in my mind. It certainly doesn't make up for the difference between mediocre play and good play. If it was between two real pros I could see an edge like that consistently making the colluder money, but most of the time the people you're playing are not that well matched against you...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I just finished 34th out of 2400 in a tournament @ pokerroom.com

Not bad for a beginnner.. I began to lose patience - that's what did me in.

Comment

I have done few tourneys.. with the exception of one time dropping out fast (with the aces in the pocket no less) I get in the top 50 usually no sweat. After that though, my problem is I've played too tight, because I have too little ammunition, and other players are better than me at that point so.. but you could say I'm a newbie too. Only played some. Say, less than 1000 hands. So not a lot..

KH, I'm still trying to figure out where I can get the thread you posted..
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Took a look for you, buddy. Couldn't find it in either the OT or the archive
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I didn't necessarily start the thread.

I simply put some advice down after somebody asked me to.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You can't actually search the archives. You have to look through it manually.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Sherlock

I arranged the archives based on thread starter and looked through all threads started by me, David Floyd and Guynemer. None of them was the thread I was looking for. I then set the OT to show all threads "from the beginning" and did the same thing there.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hmmm. For some reason I just looked again and found it:

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Thank you a lot KH

SEE YOU SOON, ME TAKING UR MONEY!

HUbaaehaeahe
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X