Your Favourite Album RIGHT NOW?! pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperado, The Eagles.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

At the moment, it's Terry Callier's 'Occasional Rain' .

1972-76: Callier records three albums for Cadet: Occasional Rain (1972), What Color is Love (1973) and I Just Can’t Help Myself (1975). All three produced by Charles Stepney, crystallised his style – a unique brand of soul featuring jazz-influenced compositional structures and themes of social awareness and gained him and impassioned following among R&B hipsters. Callier goes on his first national tour where he is heard in a featured spot alongside such artists as Gil Scott Heron, George Benson, and Grover Washington Jr. “The Cadet years were good for me” says Callier. “It seems that songs like Ordinary Joe, Occasional Rain and What Color is Love resonated out there. That felt good. It was behind those albums that I was able to play in places like Washington D.C…Detroit…for quite a few years afterwards”.
      Buy vinyl records, CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's by artists and directors including Hollie Cook, Jorge Ben, Mungo's Hi Fi, Seu Jorge, Incredible Bongo Band, Prince Fatty, Orson Welles, Ebo Taylor and many m

His deeply soulful voice, the mix of jazz-rock-folk-soul, the politically aware lyrics...
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The Songs of Leonard Cohen

Comment

Will Smith - Lost and Found
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The Clash, London Calling

Hadn't listened to it in several years; then I pulled it out a couple of months ago and just haven't stopped. I was in college when it came out, and remember liking its fresh new sound. 25 years later, it turns out that it still has a fresh new sound. It's an album for the ages.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The first album to pop into my head when I saw this thread title - Born to Run.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

My favorite is James Blunt - Back to Bedlam
                Last edited by Playful; August 18, 2005, 09:38.
                One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Working...
                X