Your Favourite Album RIGHT NOW?! pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite Album RIGHT NOW?! pt 2

Time to do it again folks! PLEASE name only ONE record. Not 'I can't decide between these two' or 'this is my favourite but this is good too'. Only one. At least now.. we can start throwing more albums after the first round of answers, m'kay?

My favourite record RIGHT now is:

Richie Hawtin's DE9 Closer To The Edit

31 tracks of bliss for me.. just awesome, awesome stuff. Perfect for the 'day after party' music. Just chilling in my sofa (I GOT ONE NOW!!), listening to the beats, getting the atmosphere, running on fumes of fun still.

So your favourite record right now is.. ?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

A few from 2005.

George Strait - Somewhere Down In Texas. (Yes, country.)
    Try - 11 - The Light Of A Burning Bridge.

Leslie West - Guitarded (Rock covers, but still good)

Van Morrison - Magic Time, especially
    - 01 - Stranded.mp3
    - 02 - Celtic New Year.mp3

Walter Trout - Deep Trout (Blues)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Clapton has a new cd coming out shortly.
      Back Home

I'm hoping it's not his last.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Dream Theater's latest album: Octavarium.

The title track (24 minutes) is amazing most of all.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The Residents: God in Three Persons

I absolutely love this recording. It spends an inordinate amount of time in my CD player.
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

The first reply already blatantly ignored Pekka's rules.

I can't really say I have a favourite album at the moment. I haven't listened to enough music lately. The most recent album I've heard bits and pieces of is interesting though:

Watkin Tudor Jones - The Fantastic Kill

The only songs I did hear I downloaded off its site:
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Skillet - Collide
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Genesis.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Who's Next
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Decemberists -- Picaresque
                    Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                      cool

But currently mine is Lullabies To Paralyze - Queens Of The Stone Age
                      justice is might

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        Awesome record, if only there was no side 4. Referring to the original double LP for the mp3 and CD generations.
                        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                          The first reply already blatantly ignored Pekka's rules.
                          Oh fine, jeez. Different syles.
                          A put a sign by one, and one only. Doesn't that get any points?

And I made a special post about one and one only for upcoming. I'm a planner. I plan.

Comment

albums?
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley

Awesome record, if only there was no side 4. Referring to the original double LP for the mp3 and CD generations.
                              hm... the first songs are the best indeed, but of the last ones "the Light dies down on Broadway" or "It" ain't that bad.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X