No announcement yet.

What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were a girl - or a guy, I'd think you were gay. But don't be afraid, it can work for you. You might meet a lot of nice guys out there. I'm sure there is a swell fella out there who is perfect for you.
    Attached Files
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
      I do like [to] Stroke [it] quite a bit (more so when i was younger). And above all the name has personal value to me.
      unfair edit!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

I am worried about a former online identity of mine.

The AIM name in question is "TheStrokesGuy281"

I had been using it for a while years ago, then discontinued it, and now MIGHT revisit it.

Although ostensibly it refers to the band The Strokes, and my resemblance to the lead singer, I am worried it might sound semi-sexual, auto-erotic, sex-crazed, or even like a blatant advertisement of pure homosexuality.

I do not want to be seen as some sort of sex idol when I am just interested in an alternative rock band.

I have a more professional AIM name at the moment that I will not reveal but it is very boring (just my name and a #).

Out of nostalgia for the olden days I think I should return to my roots.

If I approach someone (think BOSS or GIRLFRIEND) in conversation and tell them my AIM name, what would their reaction be? Is it worth it.

Thestrokesguy, to give you some perspective, is a very important nickname to me like "The Big Unit" is to Randy Johnson. The Big Unit in and of itself sounds sex-crazed , for that matter.
        Make a decision without getting a fit of the vapours over it, you big poof.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I thought of the band, but I also thought that you in reference to the band instantly made them very uncool.

and btw:
          Attached Files
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Ewwww
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

I am worried about a former online identity of mine.
              Can I put that in my sig?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Thanks for that image, Thebun.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sorry I just couldn't resist
                  Attached Files
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                  X