What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

I am worried about a former online identity of my friend.

The AIM name in question is "TheStrokesGuy28"

He had been using it for a while years ago, then discontinued it, and now MIGHT revisit it.

Although ostensibly it refers to the band The Strokes, and his friend's resemblance to the lead singer, I am worried it might sound semi-sexual, auto-erotic, sex-crazed, or even like a blatant advertisement of pure homosexuality.

I do not want to be seen as some sort of sex idol when I am just interested in an alternative rock band.

I have a more professional AIM name at the moment that I will not reveal but it is very boring (just my name and a #).

Out of nostalgia for the olden days I think my friend should return to his roots.

If you were to approach someone (think BOSS or GIRLFRIEND) in conversation and tell them this AIM name, what would their reaction be? Is it worth it.

Thestrokesguy, to give you some perspective, is a very important nickname to my friend like "The Big Unit" is to Randy Johnson. The Big Unit in and of itself sounds sex-crazed , for that matter.
    Last edited by Wiglaf; November 5, 2014, 04:56.

****er

Comment

It makes me think of a brain hemmorhage.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        I am worried about a former online identity of mine.
        I always knew you were gay, wiggums

Comment

I'm certain he's the DL of someone here. Probably Thorn. And Thorn is the DL of AH.

Comment

For old time's sake:

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

FYI I am not gay or a DL - if you suggest so, you are implying that Ming is stupid because he has checked me out thoroughly and decided I am completely original.

Back to the topic, I am now wondering if TheStrokesguy28 is sort of a loser name, like PowerRangersRox or something along those lines.

Is it more sexual, more loser, or just a normal cool "in-joke" ...??
              Last edited by Wiglaf; January 3, 2007, 20:06.

Comment

I repeat: the very first thing I think of when I hear that name is "he's gay".

Comment

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

and I repeat: he's a DL.

Comment

I repeat: the very first thing I think of when I hear that name is "he's gay"..........GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
                      What about the band The Strokes? Same thing comes to mind? You cannot be serious, they are professional musicians and no one thinks they are all gay by their name .

Comment

No, I don't think of a band.

Comment

A google search of The Strokes yields nothing offensive

Comment

Re: What Comes To Mind When You Hear THESTROKESGUY

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            I am worried about a former online identity of mine.

The AIM name in question is "TheStrokesGuy281"

I had been using it for a while years ago, then discontinued it, and now MIGHT revisit it.

Although ostensibly it refers to the band The Strokes, and my resemblance to the lead singer, I am worried it might sound semi-sexual, auto-erotic, sex-crazed, or even like a blatant advertisement of pure homosexuality.

I do not want to be seen as some sort of sex idol when I am just interested in an alternative rock band.

I have a more professional AIM name at the moment that I will not reveal but it is very boring (just my name and a #).

Out of nostalgia for the olden days I think I should return to my roots.

If I approach someone (think BOSS or GIRLFRIEND) in conversation and tell them my AIM name, what would their reaction be? Is it worth it.

Thestrokesguy, to give you some perspective, is a very important nickname to me like "The Big Unit" is to Randy Johnson. The Big Unit in and of itself sounds sex-crazed , for that matter.
                            Quoted for anti-DanS'ing
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I think wiglaf is a stroke
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X