Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecthy in China + Money Question

Hi,

Tomorrow night I'm off to Moscow where I'm gonna spend all of wednesday and from where I'm leaving to Beijing on wednesday evening.

I might come up with some description of what I'll be doing there if there's popular demand, but for the start I have at tricky question for all of you.

What do I do with my money? Do I go there with Euro bills and change them into Yuan whenever I need new money or should I rather change them all into US Dollars over here and change them to Yuan from Dollars? I know the last one sounds like obviously bigger loss, but you can never know, maybe they hate the Euro and love the Dollar.

I'm taking some Dollars with me anyway for exchange and direct use in Moscow, not too much though, just about 50 I suppose. I don't intend to spend USD 50 during that single day, but I'd just hate to have too little money on me, and Euros would obviously return a loss in Moscow.

So what's the math for China? Take Euros or change into Dollars first?

Re: Ecthy in China + Money Question

Originally posted by Ecthy

What do I do with my money?
    send it to me
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

why not change them to yuan in germany?

Comment

I know the feeling of returning to Apolyton after long absence. Posting bull**** isn't usually the first thing I do, at least not before weeks have passed.

Comment

Zorba, that might work, too. I've never done that with foreign money though, the rates are usually worse than in the target country AFAIK. I'm quite sure I always did a better job at changing to pounds in the UK than in Germany. Plus, I never know how much I will need so I always try and change in doses, for fear of loss at changing back

Comment

change them in china and someone will see you and do kung fu and take them from you

Comment

Enjoy. Don't do anything I wouldn't...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                I know the feeling of returning to Apolyton after long absence. Posting bull**** isn't usually the first thing I do, at least not before weeks have passed.

all I do is post bull****, why would now be any different?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Because there's a slim chance you might have to get back into shape.

Comment

so... why are you going to China?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Coz it's fun.

The trip features Moscow, the Great Wall, Beijing, Three Gorges Project / Yichang, Dabieshan, Shanghai. Doesn't that sound fun? I'll also be able to practise my language skills This vacation includes urban overkill, industrial megalomania as well as nice landscape. If only I'd know what best to do with my money.

Comment

Say hi to Zhang Ziyi for me

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

When I landed in Shanghai last fall, in the airport was a bank branch office which exchanged dollars for Yuan at no profit...that is, they bought and sold at the same exchange rate. I assume Beijing airport would have the same set up for Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Enjoy. Don't do anything I wouldn't...
                            What's wrong with sex?

Comment

Switching to US$ and then to yuan just means you pay an extra commission fee. You're better off just switching from euro to yuan.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                              X