help with the WMP radio thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with the WMP radio thing

So I'm bored and decided to try out online radio in WMP. I clicked the radio tab, browsed to the classic rock station, and hit play, but nothing's happening. How do I get it to play actual music?

It might be a firewall issue...
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Do you have to use WMP? I use Winamp to listen to internet radio sometimes and it works great.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

bump

It might be a firewall issue...

I have a router, so that could be it.

Do you have to use WMP? I use Winamp to listen to internet radio sometimes and it works great.

I've never used internet radio before - how do you do it in Winamp?

Comment

winamp 5

File > Internet Radio

...opens the Media Library and retrieves a station list from Shoutcast

and there you go! you can search by genre, name, size, song being played, sexual preference of the operator, bandwidth...

double click on the station and it connects and starts playing

Oh, and BTW...don't even bother with internet radio unless you have broadband. To save yourself some pain
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What sort of person doesn't have broadband?

Thanks.

Comment

Well most Americans for one... you know, the ones that don't have five bathrooms either .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It should be a constitutional right.

Comment

Working...
                X