The Disengagement Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disengagement Thread

We now have 8 days to go before the pullout from the Gaza strip begins and either continues peacefully or all hell breaks loose, depends who you ask.

The latest major headline is the resignation of Benjamin Netanyahu, the Finance Minister, a few minutes ago. The Tel Aviv Stock Exchange fell by about 4% as a result.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

The latest major headline is the resignation of Benjamin Netanyahu, the Finance Minister

urgh.NSFW

Comment

So what happens after you pulled out? There's a Palestine? Or will you later go back in? It's very complicated

Comment

They nuke the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Az

The latest major headline is the resignation of Benjamin Netanyahu, the Finance Minister

So what happens after you pulled out? There's a Palestine? Or will you later go back in? It's very complicated

No. The Gaza Strip will have no Israeli presence, the West Bank remains under our control.

There was an idea to have the Pals declare a state only in Gaza, and later on when a permanent agreement is reached, to have the West Bank join that state, but they didnt want to.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

If only you were a capitalist...

Comment

But I am not. That scumbag of a finance minister is gone, and man, am I happy about it.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Bah. The Labor will probably want Finance to go to Peres. At least it's not Peretz.

Comment

Yeah, because, I mean, Peretz eats babies.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                      Yeah, because, I mean, Peretz eats babies.
                      Even worse, he's a commie.

Comment

I wish, but alas, he's not. So, why would Peretz be bad? What sort of evil policies would he espouse? the construction of statues of himself throughout the cities? what?
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          I wish, but alas, he's not. So, why would Peretz be bad? What sort of evil policies would he espouse? the construction of statues of himself throughout the cities? what?
                          The usual leftist assortment of increasing welfare benefits, making it easier to receive such benefits, raising taxes, stopping Netanyahu's privatisation projects, increasing government involvement etc, etc. He is the head of the worker's union after all.

Edit: But this is not the thread for a capcom debate. Frankly, I have nothing new to add to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

There was an idea to have the Pals declare a state only in Gaza, and later on when a permanent agreement is reached, to have the West Bank join that state, but they didnt want to.
                            Do you mean that they don't want to get their nation gradually, or that they don't want to unite the West Bank with Gaza?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                              Do you mean that they don't want to get their nation gradually, or that they don't want to unite the West Bank with Gaza?
                              Gradually of course. I guess they were afraid that with Palestine already existing it will be harder to get Israel out from the rest of the territory.

Comment

Working...
                              X