George Galloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Galloway

Does anyone else find him to be acting really, really poorly as of late?

During 2003 when he became a somewhat outspoken and (dare I say) mainstream spokesman for the pacifist cause against the backdrop of the Iraq war (we all remember the debates here), I held his opinions in high regard but now he just comes across to me as an apologist for fundamentalist Islam who's out on his own agenda and a complete disgrace and embarrassment to the pacifist concept.

Incidentally, I feel it is a concept that has been vindicated by the last two years, but the sooner that this guy is taken out and shot with an elephant gun, the better.

Any thoughts?
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Any thoughts?
    Who the hell is he and why would you care what he thinks?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's alright, you're not British so you don't matter

*pats Asher on head*
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I can't stand the man, but he spanked some yanks a while ago.

(Not a dig at yanks, just the amusing nature of political contrasts)
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Asher: He's the guy in Ted Striker's avatar
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

<----------
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

what's wrong with fundamentalist Islam?

surely there should be freedom of religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                what's wrong with fundamentalist Islam?

Wrong question. What's wrong with some fundamentalist Islamists?

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh look! I can post images too!

What's wrong with some fundamentalist Christians?
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yeah, all those Christian nuts who are wandering into subways and markets throughout the Middle East and blowing people up. Oh wait...
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

No, they just have their government bomb them from a safe distance.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Ah yes, the America as fundamentalist Christian Empire angle.

Who cares about anything when you have such interesting fantasies?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Hey! We're trading trolls, not strawmen!

Just because the American government is bombing the Islamic menace (thus cutting out the need for Christian fundies to do so themselves), it doesn't mean America is a fundamentalist Christian Empire.

Comment

Surely it's quite simple, fundamentalist Christianity is just as bad as fundamentalist Islam.

Fundamentalism
                            Religion

In the sense that there should be freedom to believe in the tooth-fairy; yes. Freedom to force that upon others? Methinks not.

Comment

Terrorism is dreadful, but using military actions in attempts to stomp out terrorism is plain silly.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X