No announcement yet.

Haitian refugee to become Canadian GG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shocked when I heard this. Does the Gov't just raid the CBC everytime a new GG is required? I suppose its an interesting choice though, but I had guessed that they would have picked a First Nations GG, not a Hatian refugee.

But I have to agree with most people here, the GG is a complete waste of time, money and attention. I can't believe that in 2005 we're paying someone to play pretend royalty. But I'm sure it won't be long before all the old monarchist farts come out of the woodwork and tell us how vital the GG is....

Comment

They called but I had to turn it down
      swearing in was the same day that he is to meet the CEO of Intel!@
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
        She looks good too.

Ted?
        As it is an arcane institution, I'd fully expect Ted to "take her as a lawfully wedded wife in a holy matrimony", or to that effect...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          but I had guessed that they would have picked a First Nations GG, not a Hatian refugee.
          They are probably afraid what a First Nations GG might have to say sometime. You don't want your head of state say making comments about mistreatment of aboriginals . . . do you ??
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
            Does the Gov't just raid the CBC everytime a new GG is required?
            It's a good way to keep the CBC journalist on a leash. They'll all be dreaming of becoming a GG and will treat the PM with kid gloves.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

A Canadian GG? What? A horse?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

George Galloway?
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

They are probably afraid what a First Nations GG might have to say sometime. You don't want your head of state say making comments about mistreatment of aboriginals . . . do you ??
                  Or about how Hitler was such a nice guy and those Jews owned half of Europe before WW2 perhaps.
                  What?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                    George Galloway?
                    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=137117
                    nah he's an arab :/
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                    X