how do you fall asleep at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read a book about accounting practices.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Have the room dark and cool...

No lights, no computer monitor, no noises (a fan is permissible if it helps make things cooler.)

Sleep naked. Seriously. I started and it's the best thing I have done for my sleep

Just lay down, and sit. Have a good pillow and don't think about anything if you can.

If it's cooler outside than it is inside, open a window and let the fresh air in (make sure there's a screen on the window you don't want creatures jumping in while you're naked and asleep.)

Other than what I've already said, try to minimize the noise. I don't know what specific type of spot you live in in Las Vegas so opening your window may permit too much noise to get to you...repetitive nighttime things like crickets aren't bad noise, though.

If this isn't enough, then before you sleep:

* jack off (clears your mind of everything that you're worried about, can make a good end routine for the day, spends a little extra energy)
      * read a joke book that you've already read at least once (clears your mind, puts you to sleep in a good spirit, you can remember the jokes better for retellage to chicks if you sleep right after you read them.)

As a habit: Go to bed earlier and wake up later (ie get more sleep), and sleep in the nighttime. Once you're used to a regular sleeping hours then you'll be able to sleep easierly.
      cooler outside than inside.

maybe a good laugh will help me sleep.

Comment

I think my main problem is I don't need an alarm clock anymore, since I purposely work a later shift (swing shift). It's so nice not being woken up by an alarm clock. but consequently I sleep later and later. And I'm up later an later in the morning. I blame computer games for this as well. I'm usually up to 6:00 AM in the morning. So when I try to go to sleep any time before 6:00 AM it's damn near impossible.

Comment

MELATONIN

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

one more question. How long after you lay down before you actually fall asleep?

I understand this can only be an estimate. I estimate me between 30 minutes and 1 hour on average.

As for sleeping naked. Currently I only sleep in my boxers. My penis always seems to get in the way when I sleep naked. If it wasn't so damned big...

Comment

I have a special hydraulic lift to hold my penis in place when I sleep at night.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

**** it. If that doesn't work, do 20 pushups.

Comment

jerkin' off does work. But it does get my heartrate up. So it takes about 20 minutes for me to cool down. it's not an instant thing.

Where as if I could just relax my body some other way I could fall asleep in the same or less time.

Comment

WA?NK is censored?

Comment

It takes me about a minute or two to fall asleep. Then again I can sleep anywhere, on buses, planes, ships, etc.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Unless I am dog tired, it takes a minimum of one hour to fall asleep. I need silence and darkness (no stimulation), but once asleep I stay asleep. And I only need six hours rest to feel good the next day.

I just work with it; I plan my time so that quiet contemplation is done before I sleep. There is always something to think about.

Counting is useless for people like us, Dis, unless we are talking four digit numbers. When desperate for sleep, I prefer to imagine a dark space. I then think of an even darker place in the center and let it grow to fill my mind. Then an even darker center, growing, repeat as necessary.

The swing shift you mentioned is very, very bad. For quick and regular sleeping you need a standard time every day.

P.S. Yes, you can masturbate at Apolyton but you cannot wa*nk.
                        Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

It takes me about a minute or two to fall asleep. Then again I can sleep anywhere, on buses, planes, ships, etc.
                          I average about 5 minutes to knock out after I've done one of the things in my above post, at most. But only in my own bed. Hotel beds keep me up for at least another couple minutes (usually hotels I go to have pretty well kept beds though) and beds not my own or chairs can drag it on for an hour. If I'm going to be sitting overnight, I prefer just staying up all night.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

and I really can't sleep sitting upright (which is good when I drive). I can barely do it when sitting reclined (as in an airline seat). Only when I flew from Kuwait city to Newark, NJ I was kind of forced to learn how to sleep in this position.

Comment

IC an fall asleep on chairs fairly easily

sometimes easier then in beds

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

sometimes when I can't get to sleep on my bed, I wander out to the couch..
                                JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X