NHL Free Agent Frenzy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    R520... you're also going to pay a ton for it... and nvidia will have a more powerful, cheaper version out a month later.

good luck with that
    I worked across the street from the ATI campus in Markham and ate lunch with a lot of people and made some friends.

ATI employees get 50% discounts on ATI products.

Buying it through a friend.

And Nvidia isn't targeting a new core until sometime in Q2 2006 last I checked.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
      well yes and no...

it just lets me play all my games at the highest settings with 1600x1200 at better frame rates...

but then again, I care about quality

which is why I won't be buying any xbox crap
      Yeah, it would suck to play games in tiny resolutions like 1920x1080 with 4x FSAA enabled without a performance hit.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I worked across the street from the ATI campus in Markham and ate lunch with a lot of people and made some friends.

ATI employees get 50% discounts on ATI products.

Buying it through a friend.
        NOT FAIR
        And Nvidia isn't targeting a new core until sometime in Q2 2006 last I checked.
        well, whenever...

since you're getting it thru a friend, the point is moot...

but still ATI is a waste of money for us non-ATI-hookup people

high end vid cards are usually like $150 more than nvidia for maybe 5 more fps in games

okay enough threadjacking for me

I don't want to embarass you anymore
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Sava's been PWNED!!

The XBox 360 WILL be better graphically than a PC. It's that simple. The video card is far advanced than anything out there. There are THREE 3.2 G processors. And it's only $400.

And what's the point of playing on a 30 inch TV (which is actually kinda small for a TV) when you sit so far away from it?

I sit 5 feet away from my TV. I live in an apartment. And it's far more in my field of vision than my 14' laptop monitor.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Stevens comes back from retirement, signs with Philly

On ESPN 15 minutes ago: "I hope Devils fans will understand why I am doing this. The last 48 hours have been difficult for me. I had a good run with NJ, but I just had a dream last night that I still need to be playing this year - still playing with a team that will be competitive and have a shot at the Cup. I think in the back of my mind, I have always wanted to be a Flyer. I hope Devils fans will understand."

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Sava's been PWNED!!
                not in the slightest... but if thinking that makes you feel better about wasting your money... then
                The XBox 360 WILL be better graphically than a PC.

The only way it will even compare to a PC is if you play it 1080i on a 60inch plasma... and most people will not be playing it on such TV's. It's all about resolutions Imran. PC's are better. It's basic fact. You can have all the processors in the world powering your little ****box... it doesn't matter because most people will be playing it on a TV that can't display a resolution that compares to a PC monitor.

And as I'm sure most will tell you, it's about the games. Xbox has no good games!!! The only games that would be worth getting are available on PC. And they are better on PC. Halo? FPS's suck on consoles. A ****ty gamepad is terrible for a FPS. Sports games? eh? Maybe... But still, all things being equal, PC versions of games are always better. Xbox360 will be no different. Sure, system specs are sexy. But the it will have no good games. And how ironic we are talking about this on a fansite dedicate to the greatest game of all time... civilization... a PC GAME!!!

I sit 5 feet away from my TV. I live in an apartment. And it's far more in my field of vision than my 14' laptop monitor.
                well then I understand... I'd probably love my xbox more if I had a ****ty laptop too

as for topic:

Sorry to hear about Stevens. He was a great player and had a great career. Wait a minute... I just read Brundlefly's post. I just checked ESPN's website. Is Stevens retiring or playing for Philly? WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?!

Damphousse also retired. ehhh... no big loss to the hockey world there... one thing though, looking at his stats, it's strange, Vinny had 158 PIM in 95-96 He only had above 75 PIM two other times in his career. That seems odd.

Messier, Francis, and MacInnis seem to also be pondering retirement. Mess needs to retire. It's time. Probably same with the Francis. I wouldn't mind seeing MacInnis back another year. Best shot in the history of the game IMO.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• MacInnis retires.

What a fantastic player and person.

Comment

• Re: Stevens comes back from retirement, signs with Philly

Originally posted by Brundlefly
                    On ESPN 15 minutes ago: "I hope Devils fans will understand why I am doing this. The last 48 hours have been difficult for me. I had a good run with NJ, but I just had a dream last night that I still need to be playing this year - still playing with a team that will be competitive and have a shot at the Cup. I think in the back of my mind, I have always wanted to be a Flyer. I hope Devils fans will understand."
                    If he wanted to play for a team that is still competitive and has a shot at the Cup, I'd assume that Philadelphia is the last place he'd visit, after Washington, of course .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                      MacInnis retires.

What a fantastic player and person.

Stevens to Philly?

Shoulda stayed in NJ

although they have Forsberg...

hmmm looking at their roster... some good players

Primeau (meatball)
                      Gagne
                      Kapanen (well was good, now, not so much)
                      Desjardins (gettin up ther in age)

big D
                      Hatcher
                      Therien
                      Rathje
                      and now Stevens...

I'd say between 3-7 seed playoff team... 1st or 2nd round exit.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You are the most naive person in the world, Sava.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You are the most naive person in the world, Sava.

I TRICKED YOU

YOU THOUGHT I POSTED SERIOUS HAHAHAH

uhmmm
                          yeah
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I am so stoked that we are playing hockey this year.

Comment

• which team do you play for?

Comment

• Charlestown Chiefs

Comment

Working...
                                X