• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighter than Safari and quicker
    Attached Files
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

wake me when there's a decent game on a console (that's not also on a PC)

Halo 2?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Consoles are good in the same way that the home computers of the 80s were good. They were standardized and developers had to work to the limitations of the computer. With too many PC games you don't get decent performance unless you turn off the eye candy. With a console game you are pretty much guaranteed acceptable performance.

Moreover, over the life of a console developers work out ways of getting more out of the same hardware. This is like the 80s too. One need only compare the games for the Spectrum that came out in 82 with those that came out in 88.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          wake me when there's a decent game on a console (that's not also on a PC)

Halo 2?
          pointless FPS

Comment

If you are going to limit "decent game" to niche catagories, of course you can make whatever fit your statement (which ever way it goes).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
              A 299$ console will provide you the level of gaming as far as graphics, multiplayer, features go that can only be attained by a 1000$+ PC.
              Graphics - granted.
              Multiplayer - networking is much more robust and versatile with PCs.
              Features - err... hard drive, mouse, upgradability, versatility
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Graphics - granted.
                Multiplayer - networking is much more robust and versatile with PCs.
                Features - err... hard drive, mouse, upgradability, versatility
                That depends on your definition of networking - setting up a LAN? Just as easy with an Xbox as with a PC. Furthermore, Xbox Live is able to provide a far better gaming environment than regular PC online play by limiting it to broadband only, and providing a more regulated environment. All in all, that 5 bucks a month is well worth it IMO.

That $299 console will also not provide:
                Internet browsing access
                Cavernous storage space

So buy a separate computer, a decent one for maybe 400 bucks or so, and you are will a couple hundred dollars short from that gaming PC you would have bought for 1000 dollars and had to wait a year for new PC games that would realize even half of its potential.

Consoles are weak right now in RTS/TBS games, and not much else. RPGs like Morrowind, Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy have already made appearances, and as you can see from the photos of Xbox360 keyboard/controllers, they will become much more accessible.

I would much rather have a PC I can dedicate to the Internet, Office, chat etc, and a seperate console for gaming, etc. Who would take a 20'' monitor over a TV screen that is probably at less 7'' larger?

Comment

Baldur's Gage? Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance doesn't count as Baldur's Gate.

And my tv screen is the only 1" larger than my computer monitor.

Console games simply are not designed for the "serious" gamer. They are dumbed down versions. The only exception being Morrowind and KOTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    Baldur's Gage? Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance doesn't count as Baldur's Gate.

And my tv screen is the only 1" larger than my computer monitor.

Console games simply are not designed for the "serious" gamer. They are dumbed down versions. The only exception being Morrowind and KOTOR.
                    Why doesn't it count as Baldur's Gate?

Your TV screen sucks then.

If by serious gamer you mean old men who like to play 10 year old RTS and old RPGs, then perhaps you are right.

Comment

That's not what he means.

He means those who know whats good and whats just a money making scheme for the countless suckers out there.

be free

Comment

If by "whats" good you mean no game other than Civilization 2, Neverwinter Nights and Thief, you are probably right.

Comment

Working...
                        X