Skyscrapers in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyscrapers in London

As many of you have noticed, whether visitors or residents, that London is relatively short on big buildings, at least until very recently. I have been flicking through some of the proposed buildings that are either under construction and proposed. I think this is a good thing, about time there was more floorspace to bring the prices of space down and they look impressive! The London Bridge Tower is due to be constructed (307m) and I was looking at another proposed building, the Bishopsgate Tower at 308m. Will be cool if these two are built

And there are several other buildings being proposed. There is another one called Ecotower which is proposed that would be 485m.

It will be nice to see the skyline of London looking a little bigger
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Of course, English Heritage are kicking up a fuss about these obscuring the London skyline, but I think they are a bunch of fuddy-duddy Luddite tw@ts
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bah!

Europeans are not allowed to have massive skyscrappers

That's only allowed in the New World and Asia
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You've got an education coming, if you think the tall buildings will lower real estate prices in London.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Skyscrappers f*cking rule!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Quoted for TRUTH!

Comment

Yeah, scrap that tower of london - it just takes up too much valuable real estate.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

QFT
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Didn't Paris just put its bigger buildings in a single district away from most of the historical stuff?
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Provost, do you have any links to the artist's depictions of said skyscrapers in London? I would be really curious to check them out.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Does London have regs like DC that bar buildings beyond a certain height? DC bans buildings higher than the monument; I can imagine that the equivelent is no buildings higher than Big Ben.
                      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I doubt it - they may he it for the close proximity of Big Ben, but not for the city - that would be some kind of rediciously.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

London Bridge Tower
                          Attached Files
                          be free

Comment

It's about time London started building skyscrapers, what took them so long?

Though, I do have to say this, New York's city skyline does look dirty; With the new technology we have today, we can build cleaner looking skyscrapers and buildings. So London should end up looking cleaner than New York.
                            be free

Comment

I don't think they could get enough footprint space to have a solid skyline like NYC, which is not a bad thing.

I am curious as to what they are knocking down to get the property to build on.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X