• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the year of dark movies?

star wars 3
    batman begins
    war of the worlds
    sin city

is it me or have moviews gotten darker this year?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Well, Bush was elected, so things do look worse for the world.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes.

Last year was too sunny.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey Markos why is it is so hard for your countrymen to come into terms with their gay history? I don't understand it...... ?
        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Sin City. Good cross of splatterpunk and film noir. Dark, gruesome, and violent, with a really strong vigilante streak. The Crow hybridized with the Maltese Falcon and Scarface. My wife commented that our little girl will get to see it when she's thirty.
          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Honestly, I expected that movie to be much more violent than it actually was- I was expecting to be shocked by the stuff in it, but none of it was shocking.

5 Minutes of a good war movie beats it with gore.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
              Sin City. Good cross of splatterpunk and film noir. Dark, gruesome, and violent, with a really strong vigilante streak. The Crow hybridized with the Maltese Falcon and Scarface. My wife commented that our little girl will get to see it when she's thirty.
              Oh, and I guess that you will keep that little girl in some dark cellar form she is 18 to 30 ?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Seen all of the above, liked all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Oh, and I guess that you will keep that little girl in some dark cellar form she is 18 to 30 ?

I'm sorry little girl in dark cellar, reminds me of some Law and Order Special Victims Unit episode..... eeeek.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    Honestly, I expected that movie to be much more violent than it actually was- I was expecting to be shocked by the stuff in it, but none of it was shocking.

5 Minutes of a good war movie beats it with gore.
                    Wanna be shocked? Rent The Pillow Book by Peter Greenaway. Way too much full frontal male nudity. You even get to see Obi Wan's package
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Maybe it's like the late sixties again. Look for ten years of unceasing cynicism. The movies will get worse, but the music will get better.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

in ref to nostromo

I saw a picture of that, its saved on my Boyfriend computer.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Wanna be shocked? Rent The Pillow Book by Peter Greenaway. Way too much full frontal male nudity. You even get to see Obi Wan's package
                          Pillow Book I love that movie. I own most of Greenaway's available catalogue. I had to dl Baby of Macon, since it's banned in the US.

A lot of Peter Greenaway's output is shocking. "The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover", "A Zed and Two Noughts", "They Baby of Macon" are probably the most shocking. The others have only brief moments of shock and most of them have lots of nudity.
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Sin City owns your souls.

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                              Yes.

Last year was too sunny.
                              Winter is coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X