Say it ain't so - Rafael Palmeiro suspended for steroid use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... another one bites the dust...

This really hurts Palmero's chances of getting in on the first ballot. While I'm sure he will get in, he would have been an almost auto first ballot selection.

With all the other steriod heads, we will never know for sure... plus, it wasn't illegal under the rules of baseball even if they were doing it... but with Palmero, it is now against the rules, and he got caught. There is now NO DOUBT!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You mean there are some professional athletes you aren't using performance enhancing drugs?
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        You mean there are some professional athletes you aren't using performance enhancing drugs?
        You've got a point there. Suspend 'em all for 10 days and get it over with.

Comment

Or just let them all dope the s**t out of themselves without penalty.

Goddamit, I want 12-foot tall cyborg athletes with cannons in their chest and x-ray vision!!
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

IIRC, even if it wasn't against the rules, it's still illegal.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              IIRC, even if it wasn't against the rules, it's still illegal.
              Illegal... yes... but the Gods of Baseball just looked the other way and let it continue... they had rules against many things, but not steroids... It's tough to come down on the players when the owners were allowing it.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ryno was raging against the attitude of today's players. He said something along the lines of when did it become OK to swing for the fences every time and not do anything else like field, move runners up, run out ground balls, etc. Stuff about how playing the game right is more important than knowing how to find the red light on the tv camera over the dugouts.

Also, someone has leaked that the steroid in question for Palmiero was stanazolol (pretty serious anabolic steroid - the same stuff Ben Johnson was caught using). No way that stuff came from "supplements".
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

From Sea to Shining Sea

Steroids: The breakfast cereal of champions and wannabe champions

Comment

Ah, so 4 of the 8 are pitchers. When are people going to realize the pitchers are doping just as much as the hitters?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They probably are, but not as much as Hispanic players from the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        10 days, that's ridiculous.

2 year suspension for first time offense, suspension for life on second offense is how it should be.

Of course this is presuming we are serious about wanting to get rid of performance enhancers in sports...
                        NO,NO,NO, life for the first offense. If we the public is going to clean up sports, lets do it right the first time. None of us would get 2 week or 20 million per season for working.

Comment

"Clean up sports". Like the public really even wants such thing, even if it sounds good in the context of a poll.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                          X