Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birmingham, England devastated by tornados!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Park Avenue
    Global warming yet again. I'm surprised we've not hit 40c this year.
    oh yeah, after the lovely summer what we've had so far. damn that global warming.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Now all we need is for a tornado to head in the direction of West Yorkshire
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm sorry, but Birmingham needed it.

It's vile. Worse than Coventry, and that's saying something.

During the 1960s city planners eradicated its historic downtown, turning swaths of the city into a concrete-wasteland habitat for cars and roving gangs of unemployed youth. Having learned its lesson the hard way, the city is now attempting to re-create the downtown as a gathering place for people, in what currently is Europe’s largest retail regeneration project. At the core of this rejuvenation is the Birmingham BullRing, a £500 million ($700 million) shopping, dining and meeting area that will bring 1.2 million square feet of new retail space to the city.

And the bright new future:

Attached Files
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Y'all are handling your once-in-seventy-years tornados far better than Che handles his weekly hurricanes.

Comment

England gets about 30-35 tornados a year. Birmingham needs more of them.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Finish the quote:

Homes and businesses have been overwhelmed by one of the most devastating tornados seen in the UK.

On Thursday afternoon, people ran in terror as vicious winds overturned cars, tore up trees and ripped slates or entire roofs off properties in the Kings Heath area of Birmingham.

A young girl was seen holding a small black dog and mumbling, "Oh Toto, I don't believe we're in Kansas anymore."

Comment

Tsunami effects maybe? England isn't really known for tornadic activity.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why is it such a discovery that climate is changing? Global warming began over 5000 years ago
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    Why is it such a discovery that climate is changing? Global warming began over 5000 years ago
                    Will you please stop spreading such nonsense - it has been proven over and over that only human interference can destroy natures equilibrium
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

like volcanoes, sure

just pick up a history book and check temperatures in the mediterranean basin from Roman Ages to nowadays- pff
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yep, there are no more volcanoes than nature can handle - actually, new research has proven that human destruction of nature started long before the industrial age - it was the start of growing rice that began to mess things up.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Maybe we should start eating plancton, or does it affect nature too?

And don't fart, it could affect world climate

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                            it has been proven over and over that only human interference can destroy natures equilibrium
                            If you're going to characture an environmentalist, couldn't you be more creative about it?
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

If you're going to characture an environmentalist, couldn't you be more creative about it?
                              Well, as long that there is a fish that bites ... Besides, those of you who knows me wouldn't belive it even if I used all the right words .

Edit : Btw, that cold beer that I have promised you - well, forget about it - maybe a warm but don't be too sure - here I had a wonderful marlin with hook and sink and all I had to do was to reel it in
                              Last edited by BlackCat; July 30, 2005, 18:34.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X