Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARS - There's water in that there crater !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And whomever said that ESA doesn't spend like no tomorrow compared to NASA ... they both should spend more. Our future lies in space, not in our deeper oceans (of which we know enough to know that we'll never build bases down there, nor gain massive amounts of raw elements and/or harness fusion energy beyond our wildest imaginations ...)

Even a couple of medium-sized asteroids, depending on their content, would either kill the iron markets, or provide some really great material for molecular biologists/chemists... not to mention the possibility of building bigger and better machines in null-gee (or, even better, in low-gee, enough to keep the machines holding together but low enough to reduce tension wear).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
      the warmest areas WOULD have to be the driest
      Actually the driest place on Earth is found in Antarctica.

I think its so dry you have to take your own oxygen tank. (and its not that far from sea-level)

Also, I think NASA is aware of what technology they need to get to Mars (and build something there permanantly). It's just that it is not developed yet, or still in development.

I am talking about things like Nano-tubes, I can see that nano-tubes would be essential for Mars/Space exploration.

Then of course there is the DNA and stem cell research which would help greatly.

So NASA thinks to themselves: "Why spend so much money to achieve what might not be achievable now? Let's wait until we have the technology that can assure us success".
      be free

Comment

Mars most likely does have water, but now it looks like Titan doesn't?:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

still the best way to know for sure is to go there and dig around
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
        X