Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARS - There's water in that there crater !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARS - There's water in that there crater !

Water on mars .. some may say .. where's the news ??

Well, I thought ESA's most recent pic of it sitting in a crater was worth a look, incase you didn't believe it.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The European Space Agency portal features the latest news in space exploration, human spaceflight, launchers, telecommunications, navigation, monitoring and space science.
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

awesome pic. Is there a larger pic?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

damn it... we've been discovered!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I wonder if it has water vapour outgassing during the summer (mars can reach about 20 C, but the pressure is too low for SURFACE liquid water).

This would be a great place for a Zubrin colony. Just camp right over the ice dome and collect the vapour.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's in a polar region, so it doesn't reach anywhere near 20 C and is therefore not suitable for human use.

Still quite cool, though.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

exquisite!

Comment

the warmest areas WOULD have to be the driest
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

They will find life on Mars, in whatever guise, eventually.

Comment

$5 bucks say we also find Saddam's WoMD... on Mars that is.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

And it will still be irrelevant. We still know nothing about our deepest oceans.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                      And it will still be irrelevant. We still know nothing about our deepest oceans.
                      So knowing nothing about one subject means knowing something about another subject is pointless?

Comment

If knowing that something about that other subject costs about 2000 times as much, yes.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                          If knowing that something about that other subject costs about 2000 times as much, yes.
                          Thats the beauty of space exploration, it's free - the Yanks pay for it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                            Is there a larger pic?
                            They have links under the small frame. Is a 13 MB jpeg big enough?
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Mozilla is about to freeze in the parallel session I am running.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X