No announcement yet.

get this man a proper tv set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the photographer does not appear on the mirror?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Maybe you can see him in the right window. I can't but he must be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        Yeah but with his complexion and hair and all that, this is the only way to go. Dark blue, black, that's it. No grey (grey UUGHHH anyway!), or more cool colours will do it for him. He has to go with dark bluish, with white shirt always. Even blue shirt would not look right. He has only few ways to go when being in public, that is with those dark suits (however avoiding black), white shirt and RED tie. Even blue tie might seem kind of weird with his hair and face. It's the classic black-white-red, most often boring, but even though he can not carry anything else, he carries those pretty well so it's OK.

So the problem comes from the face/skin/hair to begin with, he has to wear dark suits, and with those, there's no other way than white shirt with him, and since that's the two, he needs the red tie to go with it. MAYBE blue sometimes works too, but it has to be kind of.. weird blue.

That's it. ALL FACTS.
        no but this is true. He could by the way get off with another colour shirts, but then he can't wear his jackets and no tie.. kind of like leisure time cool pics. He could wear pink easily, with little more tan, it would almost suit him. But then pants come a problem, since you don't want to wear dark pants with pink shirt, so yeah... and lighter colours.. I mean MAYBE, but that's a huge maybe. At the end, it would still be a risk, even for leisure wear, so I'd skip it. No reason to risk, because it wouldn't be smash hit either.

And you can snicker all you want but the whole combo thing MarG asked was stupid because it's obvious, and if someone is like 'I never thought of that/saw it like that/still can't see it' is well.. stupid. It's simple when it comes to suits.

Like for example he could pull off the kind of 70s/early 80s brown suits for white guys, but.. it would be a travesty now so no. But I think back then it was OK, so I bet he wore those a lot. Because brown is another colour he can do, but that's not good colour for power suits for his position so.. not an option.

Being a cog in the massive DC political machine, it seems that there's a progression in colors and styles. If you're young and an intern, you were khakis, white/blue shirt and a blue coat. Young hill staffers are now sporting the pink/purple/blue with wider ties and patterns. Congressmen/CoS/Executive Branch are always in dark suits, sometimes pinstripes. Nothing shouts 'low level staffer' than a pink shirt. Lobbying types sport the dark suits, tan suits in the summer and the GODAWFUL SEERSUCKER SUIT.

And to all the guys in DC pushing the horizontal seersucker this summer: **** YOU
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch

And to all the guys in DC pushing the horizontal seersucker this summer: **** YOU
          I'm glad someone brought that up. Yes, horrendous.

Although I'm concerned about what image I'm presenting as I wear the full range of business wear you describe - minus the horizontal seersucker, of course.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

That you need to decide on a wardrobe And does that mean that you do the standard, vertical searsucker

But in all seriousness, I try to dress semi-professionally. I'm all blues, blacks, pinstripes and a gray suit. I've had to shelve some businesswear because I realize that i'm not an intern anymore...

Comment

I folllow a shirt/tie (sometimes suit) combination Monday through Thursday and more casual on Fridays.

My old "intern wear" or equivalent has become what is worn on Fridays.

I DO have a vertical searsucker, but haven't worn it in over a year. It's a bit too much...

Comment

Nothing brings me closer to an epileptic siezure like a DC reception in July when half a room of old, powerful men and their assistants are sporthing them.

Although I admit the owner of my firm looks good...like a lecherous Col. Sanders.

One of my favorite activities is seeing how many weeks until female interns learn to conform to the dress code of the hill. It usually takes around a month before female staffers tell them that short skirts and backless dresses aren't appropriate for the office

Comment

Have a little kind understanding for the seersucker crowd. Some of them came up in the pre-air conditioning days in Washington.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

nothing shouts more no class than khakis

I mean they are good when you're on your sparetime, roaming the streets and stuff. But if you need to be good and decent and classy... that's not it .

But then again, we're talking about fat americans here so it's prolly better from wearing jogging pants with no waist.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

/me is determined to make some wardrobe changes now...

Comment

Working...
                      X