Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did these French pedophile parents get a proper sentence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Depravity. That's an interesting word. Doesn't it evoke the idea that the people involved should have known better?
    "Im depraved on accounta Im deprived"

From the song "Officer Krupke", from "West Side Story", music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. You people really oughta know American culture better.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

GEE, OFFICER KRUPKE
      ACTION
      Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke,
      You gotta understand,
      It's just our bringin' up-ke
      That gets us out of hand.
      Our mothers all are junkies,
      Our fathers all are drunks.
      Golly Moses, natcherly we're punks!

ACTION AND JETS
      Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset;
      We never had the love that ev'ry child oughta get.
      We ain't no delinquents,
      We're misunderstood.
      Deep down inside us there is good!

ACTION
      There is good!

ALL
      There is good, there is good,
      There is untapped good!
      Like inside, the worst of us is good!

SNOWBOY: (Spoken) That's a touchin' good story.

ACTION: (Spoken) Lemme tell it to the world!

SNOWBOY: Just tell it to the judge.

ACTION
      Dear kindly Judge, your Honor,
      My parents treat me rough.
      With all their marijuana,
      They won't give me a puff.
      They didn't wanna have me,
      But somehow I was had.
      Leapin' lizards! That's why I'm so bad!

DIESEL: (As Judge) Right!

Officer Krupke, you're really a square;
      This boy don't need a judge, he needs an analyst's care!
      It's just his neurosis that oughta be curbed.
      He's psychologic'ly disturbed!

ACTION
      I'm disturbed!

JETS
      We're disturbed, we're disturbed,
      We're the most disturbed,
      Like we're psychologic'ly disturbed.

DIESEL: (Spoken, as Judge) In the opinion on this court, this child is depraved on account he ain't had a normal home.

ACTION: (Spoken) Hey, I'm depraved on account I'm deprived.

DIESEL: So take him to a headshrinker.

ACTION (Sings)
      My father is a bastard,
      My ma's an S.O.B.
      My grandpa's always plastered,
      My grandma pushes tea.
      My sister wears a mustache,
      My brother wears a dress.
      Goodness gracious, that's why I'm a mess!

A-RAB: (As Psychiatrist) Yes!
      Officer Krupke, you're really a slob.
      This boy don't need a doctor, just a good honest job.
      Society's played him a terrible trick,
      And sociologic'ly he's sick!

ACTION
      I am sick!

ALL
      We are sick, we are sick,
      We are sick, sick, sick,
      Like we're sociologically sick!

A-RAB: In my opinion, this child don't need to have his head shrunk at all. Juvenile delinquency is purely a social disease!

ACTION: Hey, I got a social disease!

A-RAB: So take him to a social worker!

ACTION
      Dear kindly social worker,
      They say go earn a buck.
      Like be a soda jerker,
      Which means like be a schumck.
      It's not I'm anti-social,
      I'm only anti-work.
      Gloryosky! That's why I'm a jerk!

BABY JOHN: (As Female Social Worker)
      Eek!
      Officer Krupke, you've done it again.
      This boy don't need a job, he needs a year in the pen.
      It ain't just a question of misunderstood;
      Deep down inside him, he's no good!

ACTION
      I'm no good!

ALL
      We're no good, we're no good!
      We're no earthly good,
      Like the best of us is no damn good!

DIESEL (As Judge)
      The trouble is he's crazy.

A-RAB (As Psychiatrist)
      The trouble is he drinks.

BABY JOHN (As Female Social Worker)
      The trouble is he's lazy.

DIESEL
      The trouble is he stinks.

A-RAB
      The trouble is he's growing.

BABY JOHN
      The trouble is he's grown.

ALL
      Krupke, we got troubles of our own!

Gee, Officer Krupke,
      We're down on our knees,
      'Cause no one wants a fellow with a social disease.
      Gee, Officer Krupke,
      What are we to do?
      Gee, Officer Krupke,
      Krup you!
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        It has been suggested that america's prudish attitudes towards sex is breeding paedophiles.
        Who ever suggested that?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          I have a sense that French prisons aren't the toughest place to do time. Maybe 18 years is enough, maybe not.
          From what I've heard, French prisons make American ones seem like playgrounds.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Clearly, they should get the DP soley on the basis of being French.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              From what I've heard, French prisons make American ones seem like playgrounds.
              Indeed. France is the only country, with Turkey, of having been condemned for torture by the European Court for Human Rights. And that was because of the way we handle our prisoners.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Who ever suggested that?
                I've often trolled Diss on the American prudeness. I think the American general reluctance on nudity creates messed up attitudes toward sexuality. I've never linked it with pedophilia, but Diss' statement might come from those discussions.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Australian gaols are pretty awful.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A court in scotland said that a convicted prisoner having to urinate in a bucket whilst locked in his cell overnight amounted to breach of his rights under article 3 of the european convention of human rights(effectively the right which bans torture)
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                      First, there are many so-called pedophiles, at least in the USA, that have been duly convicted and spent decades in jail that were not guilty. Soliciting reliable testimony from children without leading them to say what you want is one of the most difficult processes in the modern judicial system. Once the numbers get that big, I get very suspicious given the US experience. I'd want to see the evidenciary process used by the French prosecutors - the Napoleanic code is very favorable to them.

Yes, there are many horror stories from the '80s witch hunt, many still in prison because the legal system has no reasonable way to undo such botches except executive pardons (for which nobody wants responsibility). Unless it can be proven in a criminal court that prosecutors knowingly solicited false testimony the case stands, and the testimony of "victims" now grown to adults about how they were handled as child victims in those cases isn't given much weight.

I get the impression, though, that this case hung on evidence collected from adults who were at least partly involved. For us Anglophones there isn't much to be found about the case or the trial.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                        This is rather close to my heart because my ex-wife had a similar thing happen to her (abuse from the age of 18 months until she was 11, culminating with her being 'hired out' for a weekend to a dozen men).
                        In her case the abuse was carried out by a babysitter (from 18 months to 3 years) and her maternal grandfather (from 5 to 11 years) - I think that what she said about her mothers reaction to all this that her mother was also regularly abused as a child as well.
                        Dude, that's horrific.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hang em all.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I rememebr one case in the US in which several staff members of a day care facility had been accussed. The complaint was originally filed by a woman who complained that the staff had even come to her house and molested her dog - the dog told her so. Once the process got started though it was impossible to stop, as psychologists examining the children had convinced some of the kids to testify that they had been abused. Vidoe tapes of one such examination showed a child psychologists coercing a testimony out of one youngster. The examiner told the boy that another child had testified to such and such an act, then she asked the child being questionned if he was just as smart as the other child and could remember a teacher doing some similar act to him. She then said that some children were just too stupid to remember things that happened to them.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              Dis, oh come one! There's been like a hundred pedophile threads and you still spell it paedophile? COme on! PEDOPHILE. EASY!
                              I like spelling it htat way. And I'm drhnk therefore, I can spell it any way I please.

Comment

Working...
                              X