New Zealand and OZ short on "man-power"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand and OZ short on "man-power"

Well...it seems there are far more women than men down under, so perhaps you single guys should head that way

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

it's cos all the ozzy geezers are working in bars over here!
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Molly's wisdom is proven, once again.

yes, oz is the first place to visit outside the old world.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I love them womens.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Of course there are no real men there, I left and I was the last one.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I really wonder whether these places will have a more matriarchal society. I used to think that we were moving to a more matriarchal society in the US, but as I grow older and experience more in life, it becomes clearer to me that even though there is a good measure of equality in our society, it is still and probably forever will be patriachal.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

it mentioned that in the article...
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Yes it did. You could read my "I really wonder whether" as "I really doubt that."
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Of course by real men Agathon means sheep shaggers

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs for a country when the philosophers can claim themselves to be the manliest of the lot.

Comment

already bought my plane tickets. I'm leaving tomorrow.

if I don't get laid, I'm blaming you Kaak.

Comment

I didn't read the entire article (call me lazy). But I'm curious. Why are there more women than men? Or is it just 30 something men as the article initially suggests?

Being as these are fairly recent countries in their existance, I would still expect a heavy male population. In the american west, especially in the state of Nevada. We have a much higher male population than female population. One main reason is mining is our dominant industry (not including gaming/tourism). This was the reason why prostitution was legalized. Throughout america's history, there have always been women shortages throghout the western U.S. And there still are today.

Comment

When Navy ships stop their for port visits the local girls fling themselves over barriers to get to the peir. Not all ugly popers either. In fact quite the opposite.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

that's what I've always heard. But I have trouble believing it.

That's why I always wanted west coast navy, so I can go to Australia. . But even then, I doubt I would get laid. In all the European countries (and middle eastern), women ignored me as they do in the U.S. And they cleaned up places like Naples, Italy. I used to hear they had prostitutes everywhere. I didn't see any there, the 2 times I was there. So I couldn't even get that if I had wanted it.

Comment

The Australian thing is true. If we were following the ROE we probobly should have mowed them down with machine guns for rushing the ECP.

Okay, not really

Cartagena Spain had all kinds of sluts. Good time.

The Middle Eastern woman ignored you because you didn't offer them money. Almost every woman I saw at a resturant/lobby/club was whore on the UAE/Bahrain. It got annoying.

The respectable woman don't go out.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X