Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever suspect microwave deception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever suspect microwave deception?

This all stems from personal experience when microwaving foods on a real ceramic type plate.

Have you ever microwaved leftovers on a real plate (not paper) and sometimes the plate gets hotter than the food?!

I have had some dinners at restaurants, mostly mexican, where the food comes out and the plate is scorching hot, but the food is only warm to hot.

This led me to think back to my own microwave experiences where the same occurred.

Ever happen to any of you?

Just a question. I'm sure this thread will die.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

not for entrees

but now that you posit it I do

(I know that many do for appetizers)

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Many resteraunts heat up the plates in order to keep the food warmer longer. Sometimes malicious chefs do it to get at waiters they don't like.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The reason your ceramic plate heats up in the microwave is because of the water content. Cheap ceramics contain a lot of water and can heat up to very high temps. Potentially they can explode (but usually just crack). Better quality ceramics usually have lower water content and are 'microwave safe'.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Our local Mexican restaurant serves the food on pewter plates, so I'm fairly certain that they don't microwave it.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Camden's local geniune Mexican joint always warns "hot plate," but usually the food is always hot too.

Camden's local not geniune Mexican joint always serves food on little wrappers with "Taco Bell" written on them. Most of the time they're mostly warm. I suspect they may microwave at least some of it, never really paid attention behind the counter though.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Many resteraunts heat up the plates in order to keep the food warmer longer. Sometimes malicious chefs do it to get at waiters they don't like.
              Yep, they also do it at the university canteen of the Uni Dortmund.
              If you go to the Self-Service Noodle counter and take a plate, it is always so hot, that you might burn your fingers/hand.
              It´s much hotter than the noodles/sauces you can put onto it
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

and I thought this would be about the use of those new microwave weapons on the american public.

Comment

LOTM - im hungry, I'll just heat this up

QOTM - dont use that its not microwave safe

LOTM - ah, all the microwave safe plates are in the dishwasher, dirty, and ive already put my food on this one, what the hell

wait 60 seconds

LOTM - well, once again nothing exploded
                  LOTM - OUCH!

And now spencerH explains the science - thanks Spencer H!!

Science
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

While some places do heat their plates to keep the food warm longer it's not always that.
                    If the resturant is crowded and they using a lot of plates, you food may be served on a plate just out of the dishwasher and it could be almost too hot to touch.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah what rah said. Most places will give you dishes right out of the dishwasher. They don't use mexicans to blow the plates cool anymore .

I've never worked as a bus boy. They probably do still need someone to clean off the plates and prewash them. But the dishwasher machine does all the rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X