A question of taste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of taste

Check out the range (attachment or link), and recommend me some beers.

Buy online the Biggest selection of World Beers, Cider, Spirits, Wine, etc. Or visit our store in King’s Lynn, the biggest beer shop in Britain! Free delivery.

I'm thinking about trying the Caingrom's (an Aviemore brewery) : Sheepshaggers Ale or Nessies Monster Mash, based on nothing but the names. Some German pils would be interesting, I've been recommended some Augustiner. Of course, I can't turn down a case of Christmas Delirium either.

If you want to know my taste, I like the likes of Nastro Azzuro/Peroni or Tsingtao for light lager beer, or Adnams for ales or bitters. I like Guiness but not a great fan of stouts. I also like the odd fruit beer, but I'd have to have lost my tastebuds before I get onto the weisbeers.

Don't limit yourself to the list either (or be influenced by the price - I'm well acquainted with the Australian selection, which is good because I know I'm not going to pay £37 for 9 litres of Carlton Cold). I chose the list because it had a wide selection to give you some thoughts. A lot of these beers I can acquire by other means than this particular vendor.

Now, RECOMMEND ME DRINKIES!
    Attached Files
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Sheepshagger's Ale?

Must be from New Zealand.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

mmmm, A&W
      Attached Files
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

From the Kenyan range, Tusker is a legend. It's sustained many an ex-pat and is highly drinkable.

Of the ciders (no sneering- this is the good stuff. I should know), Sheppeys produce Dabinetts and Taylors Gold. They're excellent. Forget your youthful cider experiences- these are great.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

well I didn't see it in the list of Beers from Belgium, but I tried this amazingly tasty rasberry beer not too long ago. It's called Framboise Lambic as far as I know, and apparently it comes in a bottle that looks like a wine bottle with a cork on it (I'm not sure on that because I drank mine out of a pint glass). I highly recommend it, though it doesn't have the usual beer taste, but it is still quite delicious.

Comment

From the British ones, in the "Heather Ale" section there's Fraoch Heather Ale. It's an ancient Pictish recipe that uses heather flowers instead of hops and it's fantastic.

Just don't try Alba Pine & Spruce beer. It's ****ing rank.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

My recommedation is that you start in one end and work your way trough to to the end. One mans beer may be the the hate of another.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
              X