Windows Longhorn gets a name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sikander

I think a lot of 50 year old housewives would prefer the Longhorn.

Carolus

Comment

it seems to me they will be a later time dropping the "windows" part....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Webpage: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

Video: http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/...n_Name_MBR.asx
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Vista sounds like a codename, not a final name.

I'd've liked Windows 2006, myself.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            Vista sounds like a codename, not a final name.

I'd've liked Windows 2006, myself.
            The year-names are silly, because then 3 years later it feels dated.

It's the same reason SP2 removed the copyright year from the Windows boot screen (2001).
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sure, year names are kinda odd, but it's better than referring to it with something that sounds like a marketspeak codename.

"Tiger" and "Leopard" both sound silly, which is why, at least when speaking of them, I tend to say OS X 10.4; I'd rather say Windows 6.0 or 2006 instead of "Vista".
              B♭3

Comment

They should've named it Windows 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Video: http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/...n_Name_MBR.asx
                  does the video some special format? 80% of it was some green blured images

btw, wmp has reach version 10 and still cant do decent buffering....

Comment

what a surprise, winamp played it correctly
                    mms://wm.microsoft.com/ms/msnse/0507/25234/Win_Name_MBR.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      does the video some special format? 80% of it was some green blured images

btw, wmp has reach version 10 and still cant do decent buffering....
                      It uses WMV...played fine for me. Buffering also. Then again I get 10MB/s download speeds at work from the internet.

And I don't think you should be talking -- you still haven't fixed the fugly forum buttons, nor the horizontal scroll issue in Gecko browsers.

Comment

i use firefox and i dont have a horizontal scroll issue

Comment

Then again I get 10MB/s download speeds at work from the internet.
                          so it wasnt buffered

Comment

That's funny, because most people do. I've even told you how to fix it with a workaround a while ago, and you ignored it. It's a registered Gecko bug...

I also told you how to correct the fugly forum buttons (which overrides theme/style info on Windows to show the ugly oldschool grey box style), but you ignored that also.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              so it wasnt buffered
                              It's always buffered Mark, it just filled up instantly.

Don't you know how the internet works.

Comment

It's always buffered Mark, it just filled up instantly.
                                if i put the slider at the start it starts buffering again. so it doesnt relly buffer....

Comment

Working...
                                X