Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, are the Aussies heading out to bat again? Oh dear

Comment

• The first time the Aussies have had to follow on for a thousand years ...

Comment

• Last time was in Karachi some 16 years ago.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• i think we need to send out a search party to locate our missing austrailians...
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Good game, good game!
            It's beautifully poised for 10.30 tomorrow. Australia are under the cosh, but far from out of this one - it'd be stupid to talk about England winning already with the track record that Australia have.
            If Jones had taken that stumping properly then it might be a different story - and fingers crossed that Simon Jones is all right. Hopefully he will be back on the field tomorrow.

Any comments about the return of Trevor Penney Alex? Ponting had a thing or two to say about sub fielders.

Comment

• Yeh, the Aussies are far from out... bare in mind that England will bat last, and after the follow on the pitch will be in a condition that will favour the bowler. I would personally have not enforced the follow on as a result, especially since Kadich and Warne are likely to take advantage of the damaged pitch.

Fingers crossed for England! A stunning day's play regardless
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• No, I think that we had to enforce the follow-on. It would have been foolish not to, with the form that our bowlers have been in this test. Unfortunately, we may have lost Jones, but the initial tests at hospital were inconclusive, so there is still hope he'll be bowling tomorrow. I have no doubt that he'd raise himself from his sickbed if there was a chance of beating Australia, although whether this would make sense in the long term is another matter. Fingers crossed!
                Last edited by duke o' york; August 27, 2005, 17:09.

Comment

• Of course you have to enforce the follow on. You have to try to get the game finished as quickly as possible, because you need to win the game. We could lose 2 or 3 days to rain at the Oval, so we need to win where we can.

Comment

• Signing up for a noble cause - laughing at the Aussies.

Comment

• The DL's are jinxing England... this affront must cease!

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Welcome to the thread Joe, and ignore the Whale's dance.
                        Now to progress to the next level in this thread, you need to be able to wind up Alex Hoss.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                          Welcome to the thread Joe, and ignore the Whale's dance.
                          Now to progress to the next level in this thread, you need to be able to wind up Alex Hoss.
                          An Aussie in hiding, right?

Comment

• Well he ain't here at the moment. I'm sure he'll turn up to whinge pretty soon though. Possibly something about substitute fielders.
                            I can't believe Ponting's comments though. If his batting partner hadn't called for a stupid half-chance in the first place then he needn't have been run out. Sub fielders have been in the game for a long time, and it's not as if Jones just went for a pint at the local or anything.

Comment

• Yeah. Just a bit ridiculous. They summed it up quite nicely on Test Match Special this afternoon:
                              "Dismissed by a Pratt, whinging like a Pom".

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                                Well he ain't here at the moment. I'm sure he'll turn up to whinge pretty soon though. Possibly something about substitute fielders.
                                I can't believe Ponting's comments though. If his batting partner hadn't called for a stupid half-chance in the first place then he needn't have been run out. Sub fielders have been in the game for a long time, and it's not as if Jones just went for a pint at the local or anything.
                                Who's to say he didn't

Comment

Working...
                                X