No announcement yet.

It's The Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dammit forgot the forth test started today, there goes that busy day i had planned

nice first session from england, can see us making a big score here, especially with this aussie bowling
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue

Thanks for doing so.
      Your welcome - er, you were saying about Tait?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Yeah, you were saved by the weather as conditions got favourable for swing, but Kasper & Eyebrows both put down catches. We should have been 180-5 at this point.

Comment

• Eyebrows indeed.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Well done to England for scoring so many on a pitch with a sodden outfield - I was amazed that so many boundaries were scored.
            And well done to Australia for managing to bowl 60 overs despite all the rain.
            Once upon a time (well, last home Ashes series ), the rain was our secret weapon that meant we could still have a chance of drawing games that were beyond us, but now it is working against us.
            I've got a feeling that the batsmen, maybe from both sides, are going to be playing at balls they should probably be leaving because they know that they have to build a total and the threat of the rain is there.

Comment

• England 477 all out

Excellent century by Flintoff and the tail was wagging nicely for once, everyone chipped in

We have much better bowlers quite frankly, it all depends on Australias batsmen to pull them out of it again.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• flintoff and jones played some great stuff and 477 is a very good total. now lets see what the aussie batsmen have to offer
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Funny, I thought there were some Aussies on this Forum.

{taunt}
                  You only post when you're winning
                  {/taunt}

Comment

• go jones and hoggard!

Comment

• Go that umpire! lol

Comment

• i suspect the entire australian team will performing a rain dance for their warm up tomorrow

Comment

• Where did all the Aussies go?
                          (+1)

Comment

• Originally posted by spartak
                            Where did all the Aussies go?
                            Maybe if that fat fella can score some runs and dig his mates out again we'll hear from them.

99-5 chasing 477 after day two, with 178 needed to avoid the follow-on. I hope the rain doesn't shine on the Aussies again. Either Warne or Gilchrist will need a century.

{taunt}
                            He's Slow,
                            He's Plump,
                            He walks into his stumps,
                            Shaney Warne, Shaney Warne!
                            {/taunt}

Comment

• He's slow, he's plump, he'll only hit 99.
                              And no more.
                              Shaney Warne,
                              Shaney Warne!

Comment

• Well im not counting my chickens, even if we do have the better team and have played far better most of the series, these Aussies are stubborn bastards, as they keep proving.

Comment

Working...
                                X