Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe Flintoff, maybe

Oh boy oh boy, more cricket tonight

England needs to show they can maintain the intensity because the Australian team is going to come out ready to play. They'll be looking to restore the psychological advantage and crush England utterly.

Expect the Aussies to ruthlessly target the weaker players and work to contain the stronger ones. If they don't do it, Ponting's captaincy will be questioned. We show no mercy on our own players.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm happy with today's efforts. Questions over Strauss and Bell again, but we did all right, and hopefully my brother will see a fair bit on Sunday.
      I'm also happy because Today at the Test has just started.
      Some decent batsmen still to come, so that's all right.
      But was it really worth bringing McGrath back? His figures look awful.

Comment

Bell did alright.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Australia didn't.

Where did all the Oz posters go?
          (+1)

Comment

Horsie Horsie what's the score

Comment

Originally posted by spartak
              Australia didn't.

Where did all the Oz posters go?
              To bed.

Its all part of our cunning plan
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Bell did alright.
                and again, that catch at short leg... who knows what happens if he misses it.

Australia will win this test match though.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

How can you people call baseball dull?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

go away

Comment

And Australia haven't a hope in this match. The issue is whether they are saved by the weather or not.
                      (+1)

Comment

Australian Selectors Cunning Plan for Old Trafford Glory

. Pick injured and out of form bowlers, leave out Mac Gill

. Stick with out of form batsmen like Hayden and Katich no matter what. Pick bowlers who can bat a bit just in case, like now.

. Don't let Vaughn get a big score. Okay, don't let Vaughn get another big score.

. No keeping practice for Gilchrist, old iron gloves is only there to bat and say "good area Shane" .

. Don't support McGrath in the field - he enjoys the extra challenge of having bowl out the English top order and getting LB's from Billy Bowden.

. Don't bowl Warne in the first session, use him sparingly throughout the game. Preferably don't bowl him until the quicks tire or break down completely.

. Employ part-time bowlers to support Warne. Anyone can bowl with our Shane. You want a bowl? Gives out of form batsmen something to do. Bring on Ponting soon.

. Let England score freely, forbid Australia from fielding a third man, its too defensive.

. Let Ricky Ponting set bizarre fields or even forget to move the field because he's a cricket genius and probably saw something that we didn't, or maybe not. We'll never know.

. See if Australia can win after following on or narrowly avoiding the follow on. Its all part of the plan. We think long term with our selections. Valuable lessons will be learned. The team hasn't practiced that for a long while.

. Keep underestimating England, we need to keep our psychological advantage. Have Australian players say silly things around the bat to put the English off. Its really working.

. Yes, a couple of players have been picked for sledging ability alone. You knew there had to be a reason.

. If all else fails, give Dizzy another over, he'll get it right eventually. That's why we picked him.

. If Australia loses, blame the captain, blame the players, blame the umpires, blame the pitch, blame the weather but don't blame us - except Merv, its okay to blame Merv. And Ponting, he's the captain and a selector so we can start a rumour he had more say than Trev.

. Let Merv spend as much time with his tour party as possible. Its good for team morale. The rumour that Merv gave Michael Clarke a friendly poke in the back is unfounded.

. In the event of catatastrophe, remember one phrase and repeat after me - All is forgiven Shane. Have you ever considered a stint as captain son? Can we reach you by phone? Text?

Comment

Please please please give Dizzy anothe rover, or 10. We could use another free 50 runs.
                          (+1)

Comment

Please keeping picking that useless wicket keeper. Another 50 for us.

Comment

McGrath is in a pretty sorry state.

Hes barely reaching 80mph and he tries a slower ball at 65? Just let an over go for 13 runs.

Comment

McGrath got 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X