It's The Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ing ****
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

they got a good score
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Aus 49-2 (282 req)

It looks like a better score now.

Martyn looks shaky too.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Flintoff is a beast. Six after six then 2 quick wickets.

Comment

flintoff pulled off one of the most memorable fighting innings for England - its being compared to some of Botham's best
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

what a wonderful test match

the only one I can think of which comes close was this one

Fourth Test, 1982: England win by three runs in what Matthew Engel calls "one of the most consistently thrilling Tests of all time".

Comment

It was never in doubt! Not at all!
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I'm glad England won. I don't think they would recover from losing that match. South Africa lost a couple of tight ones in a series like this in Australia and they just folded mentally after that.

Now the series is alive and after 2 brilliant memorable tests, bring on Old Trafford.

Comment

And if anyone's having a bad day, just remind yourself that, right at this moment, you aren't Shane Warne. Funny!
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Great match. I am actuall finding cricket exciting now, which as a non-commonwealth citizen is some achievement Test cricket seems to be a lot more 4/6 slogging and bouncer bowling than when people first tried to get me into it in the late 90's.

Comment

England need to work on their concentration and intensity for Old trafford. To let 9 10 and 11 score over 100 runs and nearly steal the test is not good enough. If England really has a world class attack they should roll the tail for no more than 20 or 30.

And get a new keeper. The incumbent is a liability.

Comment

I can't believe your tailenders nearly pulled that one off. Amazing! What a great test match.

Loved Ponting in the after match interview saying about it being lucky they had Kasprovic out there and weren't relying on McGrath's batting.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

it certainly was close...

well done to ol' blighty

and onward we march
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                                I can't believe your tailenders nearly pulled that one off. Amazing! What a great test match.
                                It was a great test and the crowd shots were priceless - people with heads in hands, biting their nails, grimacing, groaning but as a former bowler it really makes me cringe to see tailenders get so many - both bowling attacks were guilty of lacklustre tactics. Its offensive and embarrassing to see bowlers last that long.

The art of blasting out the tail seems to have been lost. The bowlers of yester year would get rather cross of the tail wagged. They'd work over the tail - one at the head, one at the toes, one in the ribs, one on the hand, one on off stump going away and one spearing in at the stumps. The tailenders would soon start thinking of the dressing sheds and a hot shower. Maybe they are better batsmen today.

Comment

Working...
                                X