Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader showing his capacity

Yeah I did.

I believe that if you are to be a leader, you are the best employee first. You can't be a good leader if you aren't a good follower... good leaders always are.

So I was doing my following thing, and I thought damn I have to hurry now to get to work. I wasn't running that late but I was in hurry already. Note that I have never actually showed up late. It's not my style. I always come on time and I expect others to do that as well.

So anyway it was my turn to drive the car pool we have. I drove to the first pick up, and I was like damn, where's the dude, we're in hurry.. I called right away and no answer. Damn. So I waited for 5 minutes, and called again. Now we are SERIOUSLY in a hurry already. No answer. I called the second person in the pool to ask what she thinks about it, should we leave? The thing is, you don't be late from work so .. if one guy screws us over, the rest of us pay for it and I'm looking to get in there next summer also and move a position up so I can't be late, period.

But I decide to wait another 3-4 minutes and risk speeding ticket. That's the caliber of a man I am. Ready to risk speeding tickets just to get our team member in the car, so he won't miss the day. Because then he would have to take the bus, and he'd come VERY late. Like an hour or so. So I wait.. I wait...The thing is, the second person I called didn't answer either. So now I call her back and try to reach her and I do. Sounds like a sleepy mofo. I'm like 'where are you? are you ready? I'm coming soon and I'm coming fast'. She's like dude, what the hell.. then I check out the time again.. I'm actually 2 hours EARLY. 2 HOURS! EARLY! WHAT THE HECK?

I did wonder how the time flew when I was eating breakfast and thought I had 2 hours until I had to leave, and then in the next 30 minutes 'ok now it's time to go! Wow does time fly?!'.

Weird.. never happened to me.. it never occured to me I was early. And 2 hours at that. What wouldn't I do for the business.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Remind me never to trust a Finnish with something as difficult as keeping track of time.

Comment

Dork.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Loser != Leader

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Dork.
        Spot on. See a professional and find out what your real problems are, Pek.

Comment

pekka seriously stop posting your entire freakin life on poly in these long freakin posts...if you are going to post you entire freaking life on poly atleast do it in short ( a maxium of 5 lines and 50 words) posts...i am sick and tired of reading every long ****ing post...you could say:'well then dont read them.' but THAT IS JUST THE KIND OF GUY I AM i read other people post to make them feel better....
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Re: Leader showing his capacity

Originally posted by Pekka
            Yeah I did.

I believe that if you are to be a leader, you are the best employee first. You can't be a good leader if you aren't a good follower... good leaders always are.
            I work on the same principle - I am looking at promotion to senior analyst pretty soon and that will involve leadership stuff (I already do to an extent, but not quite as formally). I do practice what I preach though!
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh PS, you are a f**kwit
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Priceless

Occasionally, when I go to bed really late I can wake up frantically, thinking it's 3pm. But then upon closer inspection it turns out to be 9am (damn analog clocks! )... I always realise before I get out the door though.

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                pekka seriously stop posting your entire freakin life on poly in these long freakin posts...if you are going to post you entire freaking life on poly atleast do it in short ( a maxium of 5 lines and 50 words) posts...i am sick and tired of reading every long ****ing post...you could say:'well then dont read them.' but THAT IS JUST THE KIND OF GUY I AM i read other people post to make them feel better....
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

PH, hey that's pretty cool I remember you been in hole with the whole job thing and it seems it's working out for you

Echty, well, I think reading your post you have a problem.. you know... it's not a problem if you go TOO EARLY. A problem would be going 2 hours too late and not realizing it. I'm just the kind of guy who takes it seriously to be on time and a bit early, not 2 hours early but a bit early. BEcause you show your attitude in action, if you are a lazy person, you'll prolly come late often. I mean if you come late often, you are prolly a lazy person outside work also. If you come on time EVERY SINGLE TIME, it means you take it seriously, and I take it seriously and I take pride from going by the book and honouring the contract I made with my employer. I don't steal their time and they pay me for my time. That is the deal.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                  X