Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how was the Battlestar Galactica 2nd season 1st ep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Based on the previews for next week, I suspect the Cylons will cause A LOT of problems, so I wouldn't call it a lucky day.

The Galactica seems to always jump right before all those Cylon incoming missles hit Now I'd call that luck...

Interesting backstory about Tigh and Adama. Justifies Tigh's loyalty to the old man

Related note - The soundtracks are out for the mini-series and the first season. Makes for good background music for gaming...

And the music is really excellent for setting the moods of the show's scenes!!
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

*BeBro whines again that he can't see it*
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
        Spoiler:
        Based on the previews for next week, I suspect the Cylons will cause A LOT of problems, so I wouldn't call it a lucky day.

The Galactica seems to always jump right before all those Cylon incoming missles hit Now I'd call that luck...

Interesting backstory about Tigh and Adama. Justifies Tigh's loyalty to the old man

Related note - The soundtracks are out for the mini-series and the first season. Makes for good background music for gaming...

And the music is really excellent for setting the moods of the show's scenes!!
        Well, the reason those things get so close before they jump, is because the CAP and FLAK are pulled back inside.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I wouldnt say I was disappointed with the first show but I wasnt enthusiastic either. Not much of significance happened and the combat naivte of the humans trapped on Kobol was irritating.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I wonder how many of those antique fighters there were onboard Galactica... they seem to have a rather large and inexhaustible supply, I mean, how come is the CAP never utterly annihilated by that huge swarm of Cylon fighters that always shows up? Are humans really so much better as pilots?

Mind you, this is just my Suspense of Disbelief malfunctioning a bit. The fact is that BSG is GREAT. I'm just ignoring all the good stuff when I start whining.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, they have been training new ones, Starbuck was doing that.
              Theoretically they have finite number of Vipers, however, the defence squadron seems to consist only of handfull of Vipers. I'd think, for now, their biggest worry is pilot attrition.
              And it does seem that Cylons aren't that good pilots.
              And They Have a Plan......

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                And it does seem that Cylons aren't that good pilots.
                Remember, it's very difficult to write a good ai. The computer always sucks.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Due to the emergency conditions that the Galactica found itself in, the Galactica ended up carrying more personnel and a larger fighter compliment that the ship was designed for. The ship had its crew increased to 1,012 and fighter compliment increased to 120 fighters."

Though, this is for the original serie.

Comment

I think the pseudo-religious-voodoo direction they're going with baltar is a bit overdone.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

They already handled the questions of pilot attrition and water supply Right now, they may have more vipers than pilots. The writings excellent and well thought out. I'm sure that at some point in the future they will address the issue of loss of vipers. They probably have some type of manufacturing ship and will need to find a planet or asteroid to mine.
                      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        Well, the reason those things get so close before they jump, is because the CAP and FLAK are pulled back inside.
                        Spoiler:
                        But during the act of pulling everything back to the ship, coupled with the overwhelming number of Cylons that are engaging the human forces, should mean that the Galactica would be taking a lot of hits in that time. Not to mention that there are only 2 bays (one of which was damaged with the Cylon transport) to take in all the fighters.

The visual is of clear space when the Galactica jumps. It should be taking a pounding while jumping.

Just nitpicking...
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Spoiler:
                          The Galactica's original fighters, the "modern" Vipers, are useless against Cylon tech. They need the old Vipers, and there possibly can't have been more than a handful in the showroom on board... although I think I saw a modern Viper in flight in combat in the latest ep. A mistake from the FX crew maybe?

Pilot attrition has been answered yes, but the fighter craft situation concerns me. But maybe they will think it out and start manufacturing them. Considering how simple in design they apparently are, it may turn out to be easy to make them with the resources and equipment they have. Maybe scavenge the drives from the modern fighters...

I'm doing it again!
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                            Spoiler:
                            The Galactica's original fighters, the "modern" Vipers, are useless against Cylon tech. They need the old Vipers, and there possibly can't have been more than a handful in the showroom on board... although I think I saw a modern Viper in flight in combat in the latest ep. A mistake from the FX crew maybe?

Pilot attrition has been answered yes, but the fighter craft situation concerns me. But maybe they will think it out and start manufacturing them. Considering how simple in design they apparently are, it may turn out to be easy to make them with the resources and equipment they have. Maybe scavenge the drives from the modern fighters...

I'm doing it again!
                            Spoiler:
                            I can't remember which episode they mentioned it in, but they did speak about retrofitting the new fighters they have to be "non-networked" and thus less vulnerable to the Cylons' cybernetic predations.
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              I wouldnt say I was disappointed with the first show but I wasnt enthusiastic either. Not much of significance happened and the combat naivte of the humans trapped on Kobol was irritating.
                              Well, they were Navy people. With no experience. Probably can't expect much.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Q Cubed: I must have missed that. In that case,

Comment

Working...
                                X