Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how was the Battlestar Galactica 2nd season 1st ep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how was the Battlestar Galactica 2nd season 1st ep?

Anybody watch it last Friday? Any good?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Yes.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

If this pace keeps up I will see it in 1 hour 16 min and 27 sec

Tatilla: to your sig. Swooooooooosh!
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Yes.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
          If this pace keeps up I will see it in 1 hour 16 min and 27 sec
          Some time later: YES!
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Yes, good stuff

Although I thought the ep's ending smacked a bit of the reset button.
            Spoiler:
            Both the Galactica finding the fleet and Adama making it - somehow two strokes of luck in the length of one ep feels overdone for BSG. Ah, but maybe they'll surprise me and have Adama in critical condition for a good while. He shouldn't certainly be on active duty for a while. And we have Adama's shooting linger over our head over the season break, so it was good to have it resolved ASAP to get on with the new stuff.

Not to mention that the whole coup thing is still unsettled! Oh, the intrigue.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Pretty good.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Good!!!
                What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                  Yes, good stuff

Although I thought the ep's ending smacked a bit of the reset button.
                  Spoiler:
                  Both the Galactica finding the fleet and Adama making it - somehow two strokes of luck in the length of one ep feels overdone for BSG. Ah, but maybe they'll surprise me and have Adama in critical condition for a good while. He shouldn't certainly be on active duty for a while. And we have Adama's shooting linger over our head over the season break, so it was good to have it resolved ASAP to get on with the new stuff.

Not to mention that the whole coup thing is still unsettled! Oh, the intrigue.
                  Hum
                  Spoiler:
                  I wouldn't call a Cylon boarding party with a Centurion in the lead lucky...

Anyone watched the Stargåtes? SG1 and/or Atlåntis?

Comment

This is now my favorite show.....well okay it was back in the '70's too.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

OK, on your recommendation, I will have a looksee!
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Pave: Good point, I'd forgotten about that, despite the fact that

Spoiler:
                        at the end of the episode, I was wondering why no one seemed to have noticed that a Cylon ship had crashed into the Galactica, and that no one seemed like wanting to go have a look at it. I'd be worried my pants off if I'd seen a brand new Cylon model do something like that, I realised it'd be a boarding party the instant I saw it dive through the flak screen.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          at the end of the episode, I was wondering why no one seemed to have noticed that a Cylon ship had crashed into the Galactica, and that no one seemed like wanting to go have a look at it.
                          Spoiler:
                          Everyone is one of those secret Cylons.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Pave: Good point, I'd forgotten about that, despite the fact that

Spoiler:
                            at the end of the episode, I was wondering why no one seemed to have noticed that a Cylon ship had crashed into the Galactica, and that no one seemed like wanting to go have a look at it. I'd be worried my pants off if I'd seen a brand new Cylon model do something like that, I realised it'd be a boarding party the instant I saw it dive through the flak screen.
                            Spoiler:
                            Do note, that all that happened during the attack, and the crash, took place in few minutes, and everybody has their hands full. They'll send some poor sob to check it out...

But damn I do like the fact, that a spaceship uses something like a flak-screen for protection against fighters.

...Pave?

Comment

Yes the whole concept is much more thought out.

Dammit, I can read the spoilers...quit posting them.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X