Comics as a Kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Calvin and Hobbes pranks.

Unfortunately, I've done stuff like this in elementary school.
    Attached Files
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
      Wasn't Bloom County, Opus, and Outland basically the same characters? In the Sunday paper as a kid, I remember them all being the same characters, but having different names.
      Kind of...Outland started out being different than Bloom County, but eventually turned into the same thing later. The main difference is that Outland didn't have any daily strips. And like I said, I haven't seen Opus.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

More Calvin and Hobbes pranks.

Unfortunately, I've done stuff like this in elementary school.
        Spiff
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The Phantom and Mad Magazine were the only comics I read as a child. The mainstream super hero comics were full of so many ads, I didn't see it as value for money.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Wasn't Bloom County, Opus, and Outland basically the same characters? In the Sunday paper as a kid, I remember them all being the same characters, but having different names.
            They had the same names. They still do.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

most of those were on our rival newspaper, not our main one. So I never read them.

I liked Garfield, peanuts, family circus, and ziggy. I usually read Hagar, hi and lois, and drabble as well.

Comment

C & H

Comment

Tintin!
                  Attached Files

Comment

franka

blauwbloezen

robbedoes

kleine robbe

dekleinerobbe.kidcomics.com/ quoi_marteau.html

druuna
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Yeah Calvin & Hobbes is quality - got all the books and still love to re-read them often. I often point them out to others and get a good reception in the most case.

Such a shame that he quit completely, I had hoped Bill Watterson would take another ( longer ) sabbatical and write some new material...

Comment

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Ritilan..
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

nobody commenting on Druuna
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I never read Druuna, but now I feel I want to know her better
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Sigh... No Franquin in this thread, no George Herriman, not one of the old EC gang...

And where is Carl Barks? Huh?
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X