Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to the Hellmouth (Charleston, SC in August)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the prototype should still be out there. They called it MTS for moored training ship. It was always deep in the weapons station along the river. That's where I hit a dear once. the speed limit is 35 mph throuh there. I was going about 40. I learned not to speed on bases. I got pulled over in the 55 mph zone on the base before. Luckily he didn't give me a ticket. He got called away for something important.

And about that nightclub. I should mention that club allowed people less than 21 years old in. You had to wear a wristband so you didn't buy alcohol. I'm sure there are other places downtown now days.

You also see a lot of guys from the citadel walking around in their uniforms. That's a military school.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      thats what females say about phsyics

JM
      As if female odds with any men are in serious doubt.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The closed down the main base while I lived on it actually.

It was sold in pieces to various industrial firms and such, and alot of chairty organizations use the admin buildings.

The weapons station still has the nuc school and the Navy brig in addition to SPAWAR, so it is not a total ghost town there. The Air Force base is still in full operation too.

And I remember that Paper Mill well, walked to school in its stench every day. You can't smell it in Charleston proper though. The city of North Charleston is a pit, especially around Ashley Phosphate, but there are those Charleston Southern sluts
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
          The closed down the main base while I lived on it actually.

It was sold in pieces to various industrial firms and such, and alot of chairty organizations use the admin buildings.

The weapons station still has the nuc school and the Navy brig in addition to SPAWAR, so it is not a total ghost town there. The Air Force base is still in full operation too.

And I remember that Paper Mill well, walked to school in its stench every day. You can't smell it in Charleston proper though. The city of North Charleston is a pit, especially around Ashley Phosphate, but there are those Charleston Southern sluts
          You sure the Nuke school is here? I thought it was at Goose Creek. There isn't even a galley on the weapons station!
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

You sure the Nuke school is here? I thought it was at Goose Creek. There isn't even a galley on the weapons station!
            the weapons station is at Goose Creek. At least that's where the main entrance is. There is no galley. But Pascagoula, MS had no galley either. It's just not worth it for small bases. But there was a commisary and exchange. And a place to get your hair cut. I do remember those. This was back in 1993. They may have closed them if most of the base commands have left. Those are fairly close to the entrance iirc. then you drive on a 55 mph road for a while. There's nothing along there. To get to the nuke school you make a right somewhere along the way iirc. It's 35 mph through there. The place where I hit that deer. Scared the hell out of me. I think the deer lived. And then it winds it's way towards the river. While I was there, they built a big training building. That actually has a small restaurant in it (operated by civilians as most base things are). They serve crappy food and charge money for it though.

I've never been to any other parts of the weapons station. I doubt I had clearance to. They might store nukes there. I'm not sure. In addition to all the other weapons and ammo.

As I've said. Downtown wasn't too bad. It's one of those historic things. So they try to keep it cleaned up. And you can meet women walking along there. My friend and I met a couple girls there. It's not a bad area. I was thinking it would be a high crime area, but it wasn't.

Comment

They also have a ww2 aircraft carrier (museum and offer tours to tourists etc) there. I kept meaning to see it, but I never did. It's on the other side of that big bridge iirc. I think it's the Yorktown, but I might be mistaken.

Comment

Working...
              X