This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
    Mortality count or mortality rate as in dead among wounded?
    Mortality = dead.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Yes Mr. Clever, the question is are you comparing # or %?

Comment

• I suspect the French Olympic Committee is to blame.

...but seriously, are all London Polytubbies accounted for ?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
          That's a pretty long span of time for the different bombs, almost 50 minutes separates the first from the last.

I wonder why they were spaced out so...
          Same people.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Last I heard only 33 were dead, 200-odd seriously injured. For four seperate attacks, that is low, as these nutters wish to kill or maim as many as they can.

We had the IRA bombs for 30 years, the V1 and V2's after the bombers were stopped in the Blitz.

Today a new day begins in London and it will be life as normal. I just wish the newspapers wouldn't run headlines like "Carnage". The Somme in WWI was carnage- 60,000 dead or injured in 12 hours- that is carnage, 33 dead and 200 maimed isn't, distastful though it sounds.

Blowing up Londoners is a waste of time- it means nothing to us.

Toby

Comment

• DSL's out (again) at home, so this is my first chance to post since I've heard.

London is home to two of my closest friends and is one of my favorite cities in the world; my heart goes out to Brits there and eveywhere.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                Sucks, doesn't it? Oh well- we never let the Troubles bombings knock us back, and I'm confident that this will be no different.
                Which is probably the worst part of it all. These attacks are innately pointless.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

Has DrSpike posted at all? He gets the Central line to work on the way in from somewhere in the east of London.
                  Yes. I sent him a PM earlier today and he replied that he was fine.

Carolus

Comment

• Heard about it this morning. Terrible, f*cking terrible, especially right after you guys won the '12 Olympics. I knew it was AQ when I heard it was multiple attacks, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Don't worry mate,

problems like this affect us little, only the media is making a big deal of it- both of the previous Commisioners of Scotland Yard said it's not "If it will happen but when it will happen", now it has.

If they do it too often, they'll slip up and get caught.

Toby

Comment

• I don't get here as often as I used to, but I wasn't about to stay away when I heard the news.

Glad to see so many of our British friends have already reported in. A blessing in one form, at least.

As to the injured, dead, and missing, and friends & family of same....

There are no words, but know that you are in our hearts and thoughts.

-=Vel=-
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Its really hard to understand the mentality behind attacks like this.

No children killed afaik but they wouldn't care.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• The IRA spent 30 years blowing up buildings in London, I, like most British want a united Ireland, sadly the Unionists in N.Ireland disagree.

Getting 4 bombs in London is exactly 3x more than we are used to on any given day.

The British Army will remain in Iraq until the job is done and a bomb a day won't make the British go away.

Whether you agree with the deposing of a dictator that killed at least 300,000 of his own people I care not.

The British Army will stay, and a bomb every day in London will make no difference to our attitude- 15 million live within the M25 circular London motorway (autobann), it will take a lot more to pi*s us off than this puny effort.

Toby

Comment

• Simultaneous attacks in metropolises, it's a style we know all too well.

Whatever differences we have with each other, Liberals, Conservatives, Americans, Brits, Spaniards, we cannot lose sight of the fact that there are people out there who want to kill us all indiscriminately.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                                And let's not jump down UR's throat about the early flippant remark - no one had any idea about what had happened at that point.
                                Thanks.

I apologise for posting a badly timed comment. Sorry. I am glad to see none of our British contigent is hurt.

My sympathies to the people of London.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X