Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to do with the olympics, no-one expected us to win. It's all about the G8.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• spencer, ITV news are reporting 12 deaths and somewhere in the region of 200 injuries, this may well rise, but i don't think it will get up that much higher, thankfully.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I dont think the timing was related to the olympic decision in any way.

The fact that an attack was possible in one of, if not THE most secure city in the west may help to reverse some of the complacency about 'homeland security'.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I hope this incident strengthens European resolve to fight terrorism in Iraq and throughout the world.

I did not support US intervention in Iraq, but now that we're there it is clear that we cannot leave until that country has been stabilized. This means we need to double or triple the amount of troops there to provide enough security to build infrastructure. These troops will need to come from our European allies since we have pooled all our available resources short of conscription. Maybe with that influx of troops we can pull that al-Qaeda weed named Zarqawi from Iraq and end all terrorist operations there.

Once that mission is complete we can step up our efforts to find Bin Laden and end his reign of terror once and for all..

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
            Nothing to do with the olympics, no-one expected us to win. It's all about the G8.
            Wether it was intentional or not, it's good timing.

But I think that if the attack was planned primarily around G8 that the olympic bid could of been taken into consideration aswell, regardless of whether they expected london to get it or not, simply so that the attack would tie in with two major events at the same time - I mean, if you can hit to events at once, why not?
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Just found this posted on another site:

13:30 Jul 07, ‘05 / 30 Sivan 5765

(IsraelNN.com) Army Radioquoting unconfirmed reliable sources reported a short time ago thatScotland Yard had intelligence warnings of the attacks a short timebefore they occurred.

The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting inFinance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room ratherthan make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the firstexplosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to addressand economic summit.

At present, train and bus service in London have been suspendedfollowing the series of attacks. No terrorist organization has claimedresponsibility at this time.

Israeli officials stress the advanced Scotland Yard warning does not inany way indicate Israel was the target in the series of apparent terrorattacks.

Comment

• The fact that an attack was possible in one of, if not THE most secure city in the west may help to reverse some of the complacency about 'homeland security'.
                It'll just make it tighter.

And little moslem schoolkids'll get beat up.

Bad things all around.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000
                  I hope this incident strengthens European resolve to fight terrorism in Iraq and throughout the world.

I did not support US intervention in Iraq, but now that we're there it is clear that we cannot leave until that country has been stabilized. This means we need to double or triple the amount of troops there to provide enough security to build infrastructure. These troops will need to come from our European allies since we have pooled all our available resources short of conscription. Maybe with that influx of troops we can pull that al-Qaeda weed named Zarqawi from Iraq and end all terrorist operations there.

Once that mission is complete we can step up our efforts to find Bin Laden and end his reign of terror once and for all..
                  This thread really isn't the place to say how i feel about your post. Why don't you start a new one with this as your OP.
                  What?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney
                    spencer, ITV news are reporting 12 deaths and somewhere in the region of 200 injuries, this may well rise, but i don't think it will get up that much higher, thankfully.
                    I hate to be the 'crow' about this, but there must have been more than 12 people on that bus alone. Even a relatively small explosive going off in a crowded train car in the underground would have killed almost everyone oin the car. Unfortunately, the numbers will grow exponentially in the next few hours unless the trains were relatively empty (which I hope but doubt).
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000
                      I hope this incident strengthens European resolve to fight terrorism in Iraq and throughout the world.

Iraq.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• An attack like this requires weeks, if not months, of planning. To attack the 2012 olympic games city on the day after selection they would have had to do similar preparations in all of the other candidate cities, and on top of that, the terrorist should have abandoned their preparations in all the other cities and only carry out the attack in the winner city. The thought of this having anything to do with the olympic games is absurd. Not to mention that organising an attack to several large cities at once would certainly increase activity and "chatter" so much that the entire operation would risk exposion - and the network may not even have the resources to carry out orchestrated attacks simultaniously on several different cities...

It's just a coincidence, one that favoured the perpetrators, though.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Once that mission is complete we can step up our efforts to find Bin Laden and end his reign of terror once and for all..
                          ...interesting that these terrorists are all pretty well funded- without the funding they don't seem to act.

Even though bomb-making is relatively easy and life is cheap- people need incentives- their families need to be taken care of, coordination costs money, etc.

Maybe more needs to be done to confiscate $$$ and withhold it from radical members of royal families, or oil companies, etc.?
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• ludd, maybe you could treat this day as a break from being a complete and utter penis :/
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I just heard from my Sister, both her and my Niece are ok so im relieved. She lives just a few hundred yards from one of the affected tube stations, her friend has told her there is believed to be about 20 dead, though this is unconfirmed officially.

My heart goes out to all those who are caught up in todays blasts and their families, God be with you.
                              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                                An attack like this requires weeks, if not months, of planning. To attack the 2012 olympic games city on the day after selection they would have had to do similar preparations in all of the none of the other candidate cities, and on top of that, the terrorist should have abandoned their preparations in all the other cities and only carry out the attack in the winner city. The thought of this having anything to do with the olympic games is absurd.
                                But the G8 was already happening there, so they could safely plan it in London and if they don't get the olympic bid, fine... it was for the G8. If they do get the bid - bonus, it's both.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X