No announcement yet.

Best Drug Themed Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stoned Age. A lot of people say it's a rip off of Dazed and Confused. I saw little similarity between the two. Stoned Age is definitely a B movie, but it's pretty entertaining and fairly accurate portrayal of the characters.
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

What constitutes "drug theme"?

Pulp Fiction is a damn fine movie but not one I would consider drug themed. One or two scenes does not make it so.

If the definition is to be this loose I submit:

Eyes Wide Shut
      American Beauty
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My criteria is movies that have drugs or drug users as the central element in the film or play an important part of the plot as a whole. Scarface, French Connection, Superfly, are all drug themed movies. Eyes Wide Shut is not a drug themed movie. It may be a "trippy" movie, but that's OK too.

Anyone see Ralph Bakshi's "Wizards". I saw that thing years ago after having recommended repeatedly to me. What a piece of tripe.

Has Bakshi ever made a good movie?
        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

The main character is a drug user.
          As is his wife.
          And the woman who died....

Has Bakshi ever made a good movie?

Yes, already mentioned - Fritz the Cat
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"Spun" needs to be added to the list. It's the best amphetamines movie ever, with an added bonus smack sequence.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

No hippies on the board?

Claude Bukowski's acid trip in Hair....

Comment

I thought hippies were luddites. Aren't they afraid the of the internet?

Comment

Working...
                X