Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs :b:

Jobs calls family of stabbing victim
    Apple CEO offers condolences 'from his heart' to family of teenager killed last week over iPod.
    July 6, 2005: 8:17 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs personally called the family of a 15-year-old New York teenager to offer his condolences after the teen was killed last week during a fight over an iPod, according to a report published Wednesday.

The New York Times reported that Jobs and the victim's father, Errol Rose, spoke for a few minutes earlier this week after Jobs' assistant called the paper asking for Rose's telephone number.

"Some people talk to you like they're something remote. He was so familiar. After every word, he paused, as if each word he said came from his heart," Rose told the Times.

Calling him by his first name, Jobs asked how Rose was doing and conveyed his sympathies, the report said.

"He told me that he understood my pain. He told me that if there is anything -- anything -- anything he can do, to not be afraid to call him. It really lightened me a bit," Rose told the newspaper.

Christopher Rose was killed Saturday in Brooklyn after Rose and three friends were confronted by a group teenagers who allegedly demanded that Rose give them his iPod. Rose was stabbed twice in the chest after he apparently resisted.

The Times said that a spokesman for Jobs declined to comment on the phone call, which reportedly took place Tuesday.
    Good on him, classy thing to do.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Jobs:
    Humanity in general:
    Youth these days:
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

That's very nice of him, indeed.

And it's also very nice of you to acknowledge it.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

The last part is the classy bit IMHO "declined to comment"

Comment

Comment

I'm eagerly waiting for Agathon to contradict Asher
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Cynical d!ck!

Comment

I want to know why Asher is suddenly attempting to seduce Aggie.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Bill Gates wouldn't have done that.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"suddenly"?

I thought it has always been there. This kind of homoerotic online seduction dance between Asher and Agathon. Asher wants Ag in his sack, and the feeling is mutual. Always been like that, will always be
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

I guess I always assumed the banter was true hostility and not simply sexual tension. My bad.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        "suddenly"?

I thought it has always been there. This kind of homoerotic online seduction dance between Asher and Agathon. Asher wants Ag in his sack, and the feeling is mutual. Always been like that, will always be
                        Although I have yet to see a "Bill Gates " thread by Agathon. But then, perhaps I just missed it.

Comment

Ok, who takes up to write the first Ag-Ash homoerotic fanfiction?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                            Ok, who takes up to write the first Ag-Ash homoerotic fanfiction?
                            "The one who asks"

It surely will be banned here, but you can publish it on Eventis for all people to see

Comment

I am bored and have loads of free time.

Expect the work on eventis shortly. Might have to register there first, though. I've already got a title "The seed of curiosity inside a rotten Apple".
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X