• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here you go Flubs:

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Please start over and try again.
      Why would I do that. . . the first two links were crap. When I read the first one I was thinking " ok it proves nothing but I'll try one more"-- The second was worse-- I guess you didn't see the bit about the memebers of parliament that fought for justice"
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Honestly, though. You're changing the subject. I never once claimed to have a plan. This is about recognizing a problem. Please stay on topic.
        So you are an idologue who simply wants to rant that there's a problem with no thought about anything further.

Sorry pal but real problems are things that you look for solutions for. Frankly if you aren't even trying for a solution, it can't be much of a big problem
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Here you go Flubs:

http://www.maherarar.ca/the%20inquiry%20today.php
          I'm up on that inquiry stuff thanks but the most I've seen is stuff about sharing of information-- ie CSIS or the RCMP giving info to the US-- I never saw anything that indicated that canada had any participation in his arrest or really did anything officially other than try to secure his release

Comment

• So you are an idologue who simply wants to rant that there's a problem with no thought about anything further.
            Incorrect. I will rant to whoever tries to deny this sorts of things, and who is complicit in complacency.

But I suspect that somehow you just got riled up by something or other and your kneejerk reaction was to swat aimlessly at the first thing you saw.

Surely you must agree that denying and forgetting wrongs of the past is something that all societies, states and countries (and individuals) do and is something that ought to be stopped. Surely you must agree that absolute honesty and fairness in society is something that should be strived for. If so, then we have no argument.

But again, the solution to this problem is outside of the scope of this small video gaming forum debate. I'm sorry, it just is. Maybe some other thread.

Comment

• Jimmy descends further into madness.

Take a breather, son. It'll do you some good.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Jimmy descends further into madness.

Take a breather, son. It'll do you some good.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out my typo. I hadn't noticed it until now. This is, however, the only mark you get on this pathetic failure of an examination of analytical reasoning. But on with the substance...
                  Typo? You completely blew the facts of the issue. You didn't mention the Exclusion Act at all, merely the head tax.

How are we supposed to treat your opinions if they are based on inaccurate knowledge of the subject(s) the opinions regard?

It's fine that you have had a day to look up sources, and that you've learned something about the subject you are holier than us about, but your credibility is already shot after being wrong on points of fact so frequently.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ok, lets stop for a moment of sanity. You constantly refer to me as if I'm some tourist here on holiday, and yet you really know nothing of where I come from. I came to Canada when I was barely 17 for an undergrad program in Ottawa that I found intriguing, as well as to collect a hefty scholarship I had been offered. That was many years ago. Upon completion of my undergrad degree, like so many other foreign students in Canada, I stayed to pursue further education, a job and to maintain the many personal and professional networks I had built here. In fact, not only have I spent every moment of my adult life in this country, I'm about 50% a product of Canadian public education. So you should know that any further attempts to paint me as an ign'unt 'Merican just will not float.

So unless your white robe and cap are obscuring the message you're trying to send out, I take it you don't believe naturalized Canadians ought to be able to express their views on this country - a position I understand as being largely anti-immigrant in nature.

Know that when I speak of Canadians I speak with myself included, not as an outsider.
                    Sure you should be able to express your views. And I am equally free to comment on the fact that your views are unfounded and that you couldn't get a fact straight if you bound it to a pole with binder twine.

I am also free to reflect that your attitudes are likely the result of bitterness over events in your ex homeland and not reality in your new.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

To bring up the likes of Ann Coulter, Limbaugh and O'Reily as being unique to the United States is to ignore the pundits who exist quid pro quo in this country to their US counterparts - and remember, ignore is the root word of ignorance. Its also a slap in the face to the recipients of the kind of right wing-ism that columnists such as David Warren. A principle difference is that in the US these pundits have a bigger soap box to stand on. In fact, if you compare point for point the views of people like Coulter, Limbaugh and O'Reily with their Canadian counterparts you will arive at remarkable (if not identical) parallels. Although this would require relying on more than one source of news and doing some reading, so I won't hold you to that.

To recap, the point Chuckman was trying to make is that in the US load-mouthed right wingers abound while in Canada they are absent. This sentiment was also seen in full force when Fox News/CRTC debate was raging last summer - and much of it was aimed at keeping specifically Bill O'Reily off Canadian ariwaves, while in the meantime his clones already exist. Do a google news search (http://news.google.com) to see what I mean, in case you don't remember.

In other words, right wing media is alive and well in Canada, as are a plethora of hate groups. They US is not the sole proprieter of these sorts of things - the point of my commentary in the article.
                      And again you go on with the point Chuckman is making.

You're really having a one-sided screaming match with another ex-pat American about whether Canada is the abode of angels or devils. It's interesting and all, but it doesn't have much to do with actual Canadians.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Why are Americans so fascinated with us?

It's always "Canada this" and "Canada that"...
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Anyways, the point I was making (and have been making) is that while Canada is not directly involved in Iraq - as pointed out and extolled in the article and many other news sources - it is in fact an active participant in military adventurism, as evidenced by their involvement in almost every theatre of every US-involved war in the 20th and 21st centuries minus a paltry two.
                          Bzzt! More incorrect facts.

The Phillipines, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Cuba, and on, and on... The list of American military adventurism (overt and covert) that Canada has had nothing to do with is slightly longer than two.

I'd leave the rest of your blathering on the topic, except there is an interesting point that you raise and then ignore.

So to remain in denial that Canada is nothing but a peace loving, peacekeeping little care bear of a country is just falacious. Canada is in fact a very militaristic country, as are most countries in the West. But you already know this, so I don't understand where your argument is coming from. Canada has an active military and uses it - just like the United States. Whether or not these two involvements are juste doesn't enter into the discussion, the point being that Canada actively uses its military and national security forces for offensive, defensive and pre-emptive purposes. This is a point of fact. Any argument to the contrary (as insinutated by the article and other sources) is complacent rubbish and a slap in the face.
                          You mean that what is just has nothing to do with this conversation?

Why didn't you tell us you didn't give a damn about what is just?

Now you are reduced to howling at the moon.
                          Last edited by notyoueither; July 5, 2005, 23:30.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                            Why are Americans so fascinated with us?

It's always "Canada this" and "Canada that"...
                            They want the secret of our vital juices?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Bzzt! More incorrect facts.

The Phillipines, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Cuba, and on, and on... The list of American military adventurism (overt and covert) that Canada has had nothing to do with is slightly longer than two.
                              Thats why I asked him to give a sense of what he considered a "war" since I was thinking of the same list. But unfortunately , JCC is a lot like the communists on here . . . willing to rail at preceived injustice but oh me oh my don't dare get specific or try to offer a solution.

To me, the key is when I asked him what would be enough. He had no answer. I suspect that there is NOTHING today's Canadians could do that would be enough for JCC so he will always howl away on this issue.

Personally . . . real problems are things that require solutions.

Comment

Working...
                              X