Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipes

I recently brought a pipe from a shop in Augusta, Maine and was surprised at how strict they were about selling pipes.

Like in California, discussions about any use other than tobacco or herbal blend are not allowed nor any references to those pipes as 'bongs' or whatever.

However in Maine I had to sign a document declaring that I understand that this pipe is for tobacco/herbal blend usage only.

I wonder what it is like in other states and other countries.

It just strike me odd that you can easily purchase pipes which are clearly (to me anyway) designed for *ahem* marijuana usage. People who I know uses tobacco don't use those pipes. They use rolling paper, smoking pipes (the kind great grandfathers use), and hooklah (sp?).

Anyway curious about others' experience.
    I don't smoke!
    68.42%
    Tobacco
    0.00%
    Herbal blend
    0.00%
    Herbal blend, oh yeah, the other kind heh.
    15.79%
    Bah I make a bong out of a banana!
    15.79%
    Who is Barinthus?

In Vancouver they're very clear about what should go in them.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It's been a couple of decades since I smoked a pipe. At that time, there was no written document I had to sign. (I'm in California )

Comment

<--- see location field

Never bought one before, but have used them with friends or at parties on numerous occassions. Tobacco is used remarkably often, probably because its cheaper.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It's a hookah. and frankly, those're great.
          B♭3

Comment

Yep when I used to live in DC, I knew of this terrific hookah place in Falls Church where you could basically smoke unlimited all night (open 24/7) for $5.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Freeks have their own style of politically correct.
              Bongs are now water pipes.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

hookahs are teh awesome

Comment

Bongs and hookahs operate on similar principles; in the end, both use water to help cool the smoke down, which makes them more palatable to the end user. :shrugs:

bongs are all right, but i like hookahs.
                  B♭3

Comment

Bongs are better one hitters. You party animals may need a hookah.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My Dad smoked a pipe and had a pipe collection. I bought him numerous pipes for Father's Day and/or his birthday, probably starting when I was 12. Just pedalled my 5-speed over to the local tobacconist and bought what I wanted. The world has definitely changed...
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: Pipes

Originally posted by Barinthus
                        I recently brought a pipe from a shop in Augusta, Maine and was surprised at how strict they were about selling pipes.

Like in California, discussions about any use other than tobacco or herbal blend are not allowed nor any references to those pipes as 'bongs' or whatever.

However in Maine I had to sign a document declaring that I understand that this pipe is for tobacco/herbal blend usage only.

I wonder what it is like in other states and other countries.

It just strike me odd that you can easily purchase pipes which are clearly (to me anyway) designed for *ahem* marijuana usage. People who I know uses tobacco don't use those pipes. They use rolling paper, smoking pipes (the kind great grandfathers use), and hooklah (sp?).

Anyway curious about others' experience.
                        being from Maine yes I can understand, as a youth growing up there,and as a former head, Maine is trying to clean the image up I help perpetuate

I am sure it because of the excess of illegal drugs plus trying to cut down on underage abuse of tobacco products

Gramps
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Bongs are better one hitters. You party animals may need a hookah.
                          Then there is the misnamed "gravity bong" which uses hydraulic pressure to force gallons of smoke in with one hit.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Then there's the "Two-Liter" bong, which involves a 2-liter coke bottle with the bottom sawed off, a pitcher of water, and a cap with the top-center melted off, the plastic replaced with, say (since I'm making this up as I go along, of course), aluminum foil shaped as a bowl, holes punched in using toothpicks.

It's also a ***** to use, but one good intake and that's all she wrote.

Comment

Btw, we should all fully expect this thread to be closed, if not locked or deleted.

Just fyi.

Comment

Working...
                              X