Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Times exposes the truth about Bush. Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max Webster
    I wouldn't follow him into battle ...
    That's ONE thing nobody ever had to worry about with Bush.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I read the article. Usual Bush waffle.

Move along people, no signs of intelligence here.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        If you were from anywhere other than Nebraska, you'd probably know.

You need to learn to distinguish between editorials and news, Drake.

I understand the difference perfectly. Rufus et al. are the ones criticizing the Times as a whole of bias because of their Murdoch! and Faux News! connection. All over one man's statement that Bush isn't an idiot...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

You need to learn to distinguish between editorials and news, Drake.

I understand the difference perfectly. Rufus et al. are the ones criticizing the Times as a whole of bias because of their Murdoch! and Faux News! connection. All over one man's statement that Bush isn't an idiot...
          You honest-to-God can't read, can you?

My point was not about the perfectly idiotic editorial you found. My point was that the Times -- like the Wall St. Journal, the Chicago Tribune, and the UK Telegraph -- exhibits a systematic conservative bias, in the same way that the Boston Globe, LA Times, and UK Guardian exhibit a systematic liberal bias. My further point was that anyone who found it remarkable that a paper with a systematic political bias would run a puff piece consistent with that bias probably needs to learn a bit more about the wider world beyond the prairie.

Chin up, Drake. You're young. You'll get there eventually.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I guess only those of us on the prairie understand sarcasm...

My point was not about the perfectly idiotic editorial you found.

It's not an editorial. It's an interview with personal observations at the beginning. And you accuse me of not being able to read?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              It's not an editorial. It's an interview with personal observations at the beginning. And you accuse me of not being able to read?
              So its even LESS SUBSTANTIAL than even an op-ed.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I never argued it was substantial. My OP was obviously facetious, poking fun at the breathless threads on the equally unsubstantial Downing Street Memos. The fact that the BDS suffering crowd got in a tizzy over it was just a bonus...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

That Potemkin doesn;t care about the Downing Street memos is irrelevant to everyone else. Given that, no one was bound to grasp your attempt at "facetiousness"

Comment

Man, you're stupider than I thought if you couldn't tell I was joking. And that's saying something...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

NO, the point is Drake that no one cared for your 'joke' It was a complete an utter failure.

Call it the Mother of all Bombs.

You are starting to give MrFun a run for his money.

Comment

I think the second post in the thread was Kuci laughing at my joke...

You, sir, are pwned.

You are starting to give MrFun a run for his money.

It is good to see you again Irony, my dear friend.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Your defense is "Kuci laughed"?

Man, you are really scrapping the barrel on this one.

/me points and laughs at Drake

Comment

NO, the point is Drake that no one cared for your 'joke' It was a complete an utter failure.

Emphasis added.

"Kuci laughed" is all I need to disprove this moronic statement of yours.

PWNED!
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

now, I'm just being a smartass here and taking selective quotations COMPLETELY out of context
                              (IE I suppose I'm spamming- but for humorous purposes)

fanaticism that President George W. Bush brings to every aspect of his life
                              :afraid:

Mr Bush ... the dim, war-mongering Texas cowboy
                              It’s an executive office, he points out, a place where decisions are made. “So the... decision I had to make was what colour the rug should be
                              The next thing he learnt ... For all second-term presidents, political mortality is more evident with each day that passes. Oddly, hemmed in by tightening domestic political constraints and the slow but remorseless shift of public attention away from them towards the competition to be their successor, they can find themselves struggling to count.

The usual pattern is to turn towards the rest of the world, where presidents can wield America’s largely untrammelled power.

But for President Bush, foreign affairs offer no respite from his struggles, no freedom of manoeuvre; indeed they are the main focus of his difficulties.
                              ...Read no further. Those lines were just too good to pass up for satire purposes. The rest- well- let's just say that the content wasn't intriguing enough to read any further. It merely seemed to repeat past news.

Though you know, I never quite figured out why people call Bush dim? Oh well, slander is the game of politics and satire.
                              Last edited by DarkCloud; July 1, 2005, 23:01.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

How sad. People, (specially immature kids) laugh at bad jokes all the time.

16 Posters have participated in this thread. Outside of you, only 1 thought it funny.

That's less than 10% of your audience thinking it was anything to laugh at.

Seems a rather obvious failure.

But I guess you have really low standards for comedy.

You probably own all of Pauly Shore's movies as well

Comment

Working...
                                X