So I was on the bus today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was on the bus today...

Top deck, iPod blasting Shakira at full volume , reading a battered copy of "A Rendezvous in Averoigne when I suddenly become aware of the fact that my lungs are about to explode.

My hayfever is pretty bad at the moment, last night's storm and the amount of pollen in the air wasn't exactly helping, but I start coughing like an Englishman in a Pekka thread. This bloke sitting at the back, clearly too stupid to read the large "No Smoking" stickers on EACH ****ing window, the ceiling, and the back of every seat, had lit up.

He didn't give the impression of being a ****er. I don't mean to sound like a bigot when I say that but it's fairly easy to tell which people are likely to go around throwing pint glasses into people's faces on a saturday night. He wasn't one of them.

There were about 5 or 6 people on the top deck, two I later found out were asthmatics and were clearly uncomfortable, but this guy was sitting back happy as larry.

Anyway I picked up my phone and put it to my ear, as though someone were calling though obviously no-one was.

"Hi"

"Yeah it's Ben"

*lots of coughing, spluttering*

"No I'll be ok, there's a complete arsehole on this bus who thinks his nicotine fix is more important than other people getting lung cancer"

*more coughing*

So anyway I pretend it's a fast call and 'hang up'. This guy starts giving me dirty looks so I walk over to him and ask if he has a problem, and flick the cig from his hand. It landed on his lap which I was quite proud of so while he was busy flicking it off I sat back down.

The idiot lit up again!!

We get to the bus station, he walks to get off first and flicks the cigarette at me, so in the process of kicking him down the stairs I stub his cigarette out on his hand and spit in his face, explaining politely that he's a '****ing selfish ****', among other things.

The top deck starts cheering me and pat me on the back as they all get off.

Me feel good!
    Last edited by Whaleboy; June 29, 2005, 16:37.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

coughing like an Englishman in a Pekka thread

to Whaleboy, a true Supercitizen
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Bus rage. Tragic.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

This thread----> Common courtesy isn't so common nowadays.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Why does all the awful **** happen to Whaleboy? What ever happened to karma? eh?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

You were screwing with his right to give you cancer.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Why does all the awful **** happen to Whaleboy? What ever happened to karma? eh?
              No worries, in 10 years he'll be dying of cancer while I'm getting lynched by a hoarde of angry Jewish burberry-wearing evangelical pot-smoking Bach fans.

And he'll get my lungs...
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Busses.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Where did this happen?

Comment

dickhead

i suppose the saddest part of this is that you probably feel proud of yourself now :/
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Seems to me the thing to do would have been inform the idiot that there is no smoking on the bus but he prolly wouldnt have listedned anyway. I have had a bad experience on a bus as well in Hawaii. Some scabby ole bi*** got on when i was heading home from work this idiot just stasrted yelling and beating on the window apperently she wanted a few folks to move out of the front seats so she could sit down i was sitiing in the regulasr seats at the front but not in the ones u have to move for elderly. long story short nobody moved she got mad moved to were i was sitting and strted yelling spitiing while yelling telling me to move i just ignored her, then she hit me. I was like wtf. I ended up calling the police while i was on the bus and told them my bus number where we were at and told them when she would be getting off well she got off i folled her till police showed up and she was arrested for assault.
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Mrs T <---
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

So, Whaleboy, what was wrong with approaching they guy and just asking him nicely to put out his cigarette? The passive-aggressive (and then just plain aggressive) bull**** sucks.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hes lucky he didnt get arrested for assault. This situation aint no playground ruckus anymore like when we were all kids.
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I used to be annoyed occasionally by crazy people on the bus, now I'm simply glad that they're not driving.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X