This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for Dermott.

There is now a small chance that the lock combo I touted earlier in the year (Brown-Deacon) might make the November games XXII - Deacon has been called up into the sqaud as Shaw and Palmer are carrying injuries. My suspicion is that Grewcock will get one of the starting places still, discipline record allowing of course.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Fret not. According to the England skipper, you have the coach of not only this but any other millennium. England is home and hosed.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Well much as I like Cozza as a player I really don't see eye to eye with him on that issue.

Although if I deconstruct that statement logically I could conclude Andy Robinson is the outstanding coach of the Millenium - he would simply be at the other end of the league table to the one I think Cozza intended us to infer.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Sorry. You are hoist by your own player's petard. No further discussion will be entered into.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Not even if we switched to cricket and talked about the bizarre way the Aussie camp is talking about being underdogs against the World XI?

Comment

• Captain Martin Corry gave his emphatic backing to coach Andy Robinson ahead of a new era for English rugby.

Robinson will put his 30-man training squad through their paces at Loughborough this week as England gear up for three Tests this autumn.

And Leicester forward Corry said: "Robbo is a great man for the job because he listens to the players.

"He is not afraid to move forward. He is not carrying any hangovers from the Clive Woodward era."

Comment

• I guess not then.

No hangovers - but the entire coaching staff.

Comment

• Oh well. The first one-dayer was a fizzer. I'd like to know the record of the various all-star teams that have played established teams over the years. I'm sure they'd have lost more than they won. Cricket remains a team game as much as any other. Still, with so much individual talent on tap, they're bound to fire at least once.

Comment

• At least Freddie showed a glimmer of ability in an otherwise damp squip from the World boys.

Comment

• Daylgo wants back in for England. Robinson says he will welcome him once he gets back to form.

It's not very forward looking is it? Cozza is a better and more mobile 8 for my money - and the young lad Dayglo has nurtured at Wasps (Tom Rees) looks a better bet at 6 for me too (if he can get past Moody). Stick Dayglo in the 22 if you must - but don't start him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                        Daylgo wants back in for England. Robinson says he will welcome him once he gets back to form.

It's not very forward looking is it? Cozza is a better and more mobile 8 for my money - and the young lad Dayglo has nurtured at Wasps (Tom Rees) looks a better bet at 6 for me too (if he can get past Moody). Stick Dayglo in the 22 if you must - but don't start him!
                        But surely The Nose only has to utter these words -

"Robbo is a great man for the job because he listens to the players.

"He is not afraid to move forward. He is not carrying any hangovers from the Clive Woodward era."
                        - and he would be, as the old Australian saying goes, in like Flynn?

Oh, and it appears that the World XI bombed out again today.

Comment

• Yes the World XI haven't lived up to the billing have they?

To give you more ammunition against England RU the clubs versus country argument looks set to get very messy indeed - barbs flying everywhere last week...

Comment

• Good grief - it will be considered a disaster if England don't beat the Wallabies now.

Rathbone and Lyons are out injured joining Stephen Larkham, Elton Flatley, Stirling Mortlock, Jeremy Paul and Bill Young.

Al Kanaar is serving a three-month ban for stamping as well I see?

There is still some real quality likely to be coming north (Gregan, Giteau, Rogers, Tuquiri) but we really ought to be putting some points past a weak Wallaby side. Am I confident? What do you think?

Comment

• Just to let the Kiwi lads know that O'Driscoll will not be fit for the November tests...

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                                Good grief - it will be considered a disaster if England don't beat the Wallabies now.

Rathbone and Lyons are out injured joining Stephen Larkham, Elton Flatley, Stirling Mortlock, Jeremy Paul and Bill Young.
                                And a number of others. A very respectable Wallaby team could be selected from amongst those missing.

Al Kanaar is serving a three-month ban for stamping as well I see?
                                Yes. The goose.

There is still some real quality likely to be coming north (Gregan, Giteau, Rogers, Tuquiri) but we really ought to be putting some points past a weak Wallaby side. Am I confident? What do you think?
                                Given that your coach is a well established moron, I'd imagine that, as always, you will have your fingers crossed.

I haven't heard of several of the youngsters Eddie has picked. They're coming straight from club rugby, not via S12. Which isn't an indictment of S12. The extent of the injury list simply means that if S12 were being played now, these kids would be playing S12. And they are, in rugby terms, kids. Good to see. This is how Matt Giteau got his start a couple of years ago - straight from club rugby. If Eddie turns up another couple of Giteau's quality, good stuff. Pity the England coach lacks the nerve to experiment with some fresh blood.

Comment

Working...
                                X