The France-hugging thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micha
    Canada would probably be a puppet of the US instead of the great country it is today
    That's going to be a very popular one around here
    What?

Comment

I feel I have nothing to add to this thread
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

yep, you're property of the community, communist !
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Plus - if you post it in French, you don't get banned.
          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Pierre L'Enfant, who designed the capital city of the greatest nation on the planet

Renoir.

Seurat.

Levinas, a great Jewish existentialist philosopher.

Le Methode Champenois.

Vauban.

Emil Durckheim (sp?)

Jean de Florette.
            Le Rouge et Le Noir.

And of course, Le Cote Obscure de la Force (which was invented by an American, but sounds so much better in French)
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
              There, we're restoring the balance in Apolyton. I was noticing a distinct anti-French atmosphere.
              youre behind the times.

Another great contribution from France:

The troops who, in the Opium Wars, beat the EVIL CHINESE! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

some who will probably be overlooked

Rashi - medieval commentator on the bible and Talmud - perhaps most influential such in Jewish history. Also kept a vineyard.

Marc Chagall - mystical artist.

I could make a VERY impressive list of contributions just focusing on French Jews, you realize.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  some who will probably be overlooked

Rashi - medieval commentator on the bible and Talmud - perhaps most influential such in Jewish history. Also kept a vineyard.

Marc Chagall - mystical artist.

I could make a VERY impressive list of contributions just focusing on French Jews, you realize.
                  Chagall
                  What?

Comment

Hmm...the French language is perhaps the best sounding language I've ever heard. Spiffor, for the gone but never forgotten lego avatar. The beautiful palaces of the French kings. The Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel tower, Impressionism, great films, the list goes on and on...maybe it's not the most powerful country, but culturally speaking it's the true world power.
                    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                    X