Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DL dance anyway!
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

perhaps it's time we use your avatar to do the dance ?
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by floppy_lobster
          This country will be the next frikken third riech and if you really arent with us. You will definately be in trouble
          this part I definitely agree with
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Really though, what's next.

Rumsfeld on cooking!

Rumsfeld tells you how to pick clothes that accent your personality!

Rumsfeld lets you in on how to keep her coming back for more EVERY NIGHT.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

cool hand Rummy

is there anything he can't do ?
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Its a real communication problem having 4 public voices on FP - POTUS, State, defence and NSC.

Should be one or two.
                You've just put your finger on it. Think about those 4 people in Bush's 1st term:

POTUS - no foreign policy experience; not the brightest bulb in the box
                SecState - Not trusted by the Bushies; not on board with the neo-con agenda
                NSC - smart, loyal, a true-blue neocon -- but not in a position of sufficient stature to speak for the country

And who does that leave? SecDef. (It also leaves the Veep, but my sense is that Cheney has been trying not to seem too much like the Puppetmaster)
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Governments spend a lot of time getting their Ministers on message, crafting briefing and media talking points etc, but Rummy seems to me to have been out of control from day 1 (and not alone mind you - Cheney is another speak first, think later type).

He did go through a period before and after the Presidential election, i.e. when his job was on the line and he could hurt the Bush campaign, where he buttoned up - what a blessed relief that was - but now he's back to his motor mouth worst.

He must be a nightmare to work with. You can't manage people like that.

The only thing you can do is schedule travel and vacations to places that take him out of the public eye and away from microphones and cameras - but even if you sent the guy fishing in Alaska you can just imagine him wading across a river right through the Grizzly beers to give a sound bite or two and a few noddies to the Alaska Times, and still causing global headlines probably.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The only thing you can do is schedule travel and vacations to places that take him out of the public eye and away from microphones and cameras - but even if you sent the guy fishing in Alaska you can just imagine him wading across a river right through the Grizzly beers to give a sound bite or two and a few noddies to the Alaska Times, and still causing global headlines probably.
                    In that case, he needs to be sent to Iraq, FULL TIME.

My parents had a rule, whether we went to other people's homes, or to a restuarant, or even to the bathroom. "Son, you're going to leave the place nicer than when you found it." Well, the same for Rumsfeld, he's not going to leave until the place is fixed.

Comment

Rumsfeld just loves the sound of his own voice.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                        is he serious ?
                        Given his other posts here, I'd say his lobster still flops, and he's not to be taken any more seriously than any of our other trolls.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Governments spend a lot of time getting their Ministers on message, crafting briefing and media talking points etc, but Rummy seems to me to have been out of control from day 1 (and not alone mind you - Cheney is another speak first, think later type).
                          There's a great Cheney story from his first days as SecDef under George I. Larry Welch was the Chief of Staff of the USAF back then, and Welch had gone to Capitol Hill to visit a personal friend from their early air force days who was now a Congressman. Cheney assumed (based on no information) that Welch was up there lobbying, so when he saw Welch at lunch, Cheney called Welch out publicly in the outdoor dining area inside the E-ring about "freelancing" and going up to the Hill without permission. When Welch explained who'd he'd gone to see and why, Cheney just turned away in a huff and muttered something to the effect of "well, don't do it again."

One of Welch's buddies made a remark about the exchange, and Welch replied that he'd "been shot at by professionals, so getting shot at by an amateur was no bid deal."

And Cheney hasn't learned a thing since then, almost 17 years ago.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

All these guys are old hands. None of them are speaking to hear their own voices. They are using the press to try to get their way in the internal fights of the administration. Normally, those who are speaking the loudest aren't getting their way, but sometimes it's used to press an advantage. Sometimes it's leaks to the press, like Powell was good at doing. Sometimes it's more public, like with Rumsfeld. It has always worked this way in Washington.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Which always begs the question of who's actually in charge?

Comment

And this is probably the real reason you get all these voices - Bush is not a great communicator so others feel they have to step in.

I dare say he's not a great cabinet disciplinarian either. I can think of many heads of government who would jump on any minister who spoke out of turn or off topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X