Toothache :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm
    I can get a tooth filled for between 300 Rs. to 400 Rs. ( which is about $ 6.976744186 to $ 9.302325581 ) . That's forty-three times cheaper than your system , whatever it is . And that's from a private doctor/dentist .
    Quick question - what is the median income in India?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Looks like 80% of the country makes less than $2 a day. (Link to data included above)
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

@ Vince

The outsourcing thing is already happening , in some measure . "Health tourism" is when a hospital ties up with an agency in another country to get patients to India , get then treated , and get them back , and when the cost of doing a procedure in India plus transpost costs are less than the cost of the procedure in that country .

And more current figures would be appreciated .

Comment

The figures are 2003. I just used a search engine like anyone could. If there are any major differences in the past two years please let us know.

You've piqued my curiousity. How many patients come from the US, and in what fields do Indian doctors specialize to draw people from other countries?
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            Looks like 80% of the country makes less than $2 a day. (Link to data included above)
            Okay. So a filling job is 4 - 5 days worth of wages. Quite steep.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Okay. So a filling job is 4 - 5 days worth of wages. Quite steep.
              I'd actually imagine that it's a bit cheaper in Sweden.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think its about a day or so for my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  That's expensive

You can find dentists that will do fillings for ~$170 (HKD).
                  Well, if it was just the one chipped tooth it might cost me $200. But I have to do some drilling in 2-3 more teeth as well. The latter I had a budget for, not the former...

I'd actually imagine that it's a bit cheaper in Sweden.
                  The average disposable income in Sweden in 2003 is ~$19 400 that would make the daily income $65. So a filling job like mine would actually be 5-6 days wages here.

And I´m somewhat below average income as well...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                  X