Toothache :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toothache :(

Damn, I chipped a tooth a few days ago. I must´ve chewed something hard, because a filling just got loose and left a ragged edge on one of my molars... It doesn´t actually hurt, but food gets stuck in the crevice I know have in the tooth and I have to floss after every meal... I was overdue for a dentist appointment anyway, but now it´ll cost ~300-400$ Strangely enough dentist appointments are not covered by the general health insurance in Sweden. So you have to pay the whole cost (up to a certain amount).

Damn again. I could use that money for something better...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Aren't dentists free in Sweden??? That's a surprise.

Damned expensive too!

* Hugs Belgian health-care *

PS: not free either but cheap
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

you have no idea how much i sympathize with your plight

Comment

alva, no unfortunately

paiktis, thanks!

Comment

It sucks. How come dentistry isn't paid for by the healthcare?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don´t know. It never has been. It´s free until you´re 19 after that you have to pay a ****load of cash for even a simple examination...

What´s it like in France?

Comment

Yeah, same here...used to be free but they soon put an end to that...same for free prescriptions (you pay a flat cost).
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Greece it depends on which social security fund you're in but most only give coverage to kids up to 16 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                  What´s it like in France?
                  The state-funded healthcare does about nothing about it, but the non-profit insurance companies complement it. The generosity depends on the company.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ok, there´s nothing like that in Sweden...

Comment

I wonder how it is in finland... Last time I had mine examined was propably 5 years ago... And I think my wisdom teeth are starting to act up...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

That's expensive

You can find dentists that will do fillings for ~$170 (HKD).
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It varies by your insurance here. I get free exams and 80/20 for minor work and 50/50 for major work.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

WTF ??????

I can get a tooth filled for between 300 Rs. to 400 Rs. ( which is about $ 6.976744186 to $ 9.302325581 ) . That's forty-three times cheaper than your system , whatever it is . And that's from a private doctor/dentist .

* Feels thankful for India's efficient free-market healthcare system *

Comment

We should probably out-source our dental care to India too.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X