Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    3 tons for 20 persons.
    Look at the last part of Lancer's comment...sometimes I am sure humour is wasted on some people...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If you insist.

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Attached Files
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Worst. pun. ever.

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I love puns, and I didn't even realize there was one. Explain?
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Haven't you heard the Hindenburg radio broadcast?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh, that is absolutely terrible. GROAN
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                    Oh, that is absolutely terrible. GROAN

Comment

@ shawnmmcc
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Dirigibles are incredibly safe.

Oooh, the Hindenberg. See that flames? Well, hydrogen has an invisible flame. What you see burning there is the sealing material for the fabric. It was highly flamible and is no longer used. IIRC, the only person who died from burns was a sailor who had the Hindenberg crash on him. The deaths were from people jumping to their doom. Those who rode the craft down (and the dog in cargo), escaped because lighter-than-air hydrogen burns up, that is, it's over your head. An hydrogen has been replaced by non-flamable helium.

The US lost two dirigible during that era. Both were torn up in the high winds of storms. But we now have radar, weather satillites. That's not going to happen again.

When blimbs have crashed, they lose gas slowly and settle gently to the ground. Not true with airplanes.

Yea, dirigibles.

Comment

They're also making these dirigibles slightly heavier-than-air. This should help with handling.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In a Civil Engineering class I designed a bridge held up by helium. 100 meters long, designed to carry up to a few heavy trucks at one time. Worked out to needing a 200 meter diameter balloon.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              IIRC, the only person who died from burns was a sailor who had the Hindenberg crash on him. The deaths were from people jumping to their doom.
                              I'm pretty sure that most of the people who died in the crash died from burns. After all, many (including Capt. Lehman) died later in the hospital. On top of that, many never made it out of the ship--they got trapped in the burning wreckage.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Nobody crushed by the huge manatee?
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X